x. Blizzard

눈보라

눈보라

TAEHYUNG POURED HIMSELF a glass of wine that he had taken from his restaurant's shelf as Yuri and Jieun sat at the bar counter as usual on this kind of night. Since the night before, Yuri had been checking up on Taehyung regularly, calling him at random times during the day which he appreciated. Taehyung hadn't told Jieun about his little episode, simply because it wasn't much of a big deal for him anymore.

He decided that he wanted to tell Jimin as soon as possible. In fact, everyone had planned to meet the next day at the same bar so that he could tell him, which made Taehyung nervous, yet a bit excited.

"Any leads on who your soulmate is, Yuri?" Jieun cocked an eyebrow at her as she took a sip from her wine glass. The restaurant was closed, as it usually was, and the only lights illuminating the room were the candles that Taehyung set up and the lights from the kitchen that bled through the cracks of the doorway.

"No, but when I do find out, I will be sure to let you know," a sigh fell out of Yuri's mouth as she swirled the dark red wine in her glass, examining its color and texture.

"Have you met anyone particular? Anyone who you might have been interested in at a first glance?" Taehyung asked.

"Not really," she shrugged.

"You better figure it out before you waste the life that you now have," Jieun remarked, taking another sip from her glass.

"Right. The life that suddenly gave me wrinkles and makes me tired after walking up a little hill," Yuri rolled her eyes. "I am ecstatic to waste it."

"Wrinkles?" Taehyung spoke up, his eyebrows raised in curiosity. "Where?"

"Just my hands, and my face a little," she answered, her fingers tracing the small wrinkles on the back of her hands.

Almost suddenly, Taehyung's face had gone pale as he stared down at his own hands with wide eyes. "Oh, my God," he gasped.

"What?" Jieun looked at him in confusion.

"I-I found my soulmate," Taehyung nearly scoffed out of disbelief, tracing his fingers across the back of his hand that had a few wrinkles, which he was sure wasn't there before.

"It's Jimin," Yuri stated, an easy smile on her lips as she watched Taehyung bring his hands to his mouth, trying to hide his excitement.

"Jimin's my soulmate," Taehyung sighed dreamily, clasping his hands together as he smiled widely. The realization had him reeling in excitement and happiness, almost as if a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders after 27 years. He had finally found his soulmate, and he couldn't wait to spend the rest of his life with Jimin.

-

Taehyung actually had two things to tell Jimin that night; that he's a Roamer, and that technically, he wasn't one anymore because he was sure Jimin was his soulmate. They were two very big things that could elicit all different types of responses from the boy, and it made Taehyung nervous. Yet, he was excited to finally tell him the truth, to finally have no secrets.