xviii. Apology

사과

사과

MAKING AN APOLOGY to someone wasn't a very common thing for Yuri. She never really had to do it often, due to the fact that she didn't really have many friends for more than half of her life. There was nobody to give an apology to.

Until she basically pushed off a boy she really liked and ran out of his home out of nowhere. And then ignored all of his texts and calls. That was the sort of thing Yuri was sure demanded an apology. But how?

This was the question she'd researched on the handy Internet, which had told her on a website called wikiHow, that she should make the apology with flowers, especially in a relationship, which she wasn't entirely sure that she was in. Though, she knew flowers were a universal favorite, so she went with flowers.

She wasn't entirely sure what Jungkook's favorite flowers were, so she'd bought an entire bouquet just in case.

So, there she was, standing in front of Jungkook's door with a large bouquet of flowers, her heart racing before pressing the doorbell. She wasn't entirely sure if he was home, but it was the afternoon and she knew Jungkook to mostly work from home, as his job didn't require him to visit an office or anything.

Suddenly, the door swung open, revealing Jungkook, a shocked expression taking over his face as his eyes landed on her and the bouquet. "Yuri? What are you-"

"Jungkook," she interrupted him, clearing her throat. "I apologize that I left you last night, and that I ignored you after. It was selfish and reckless, and I'm sorry. I bought these flowers for you," she swallowed, holding the bouquet out. Jungkook stepped back a little, his eyes widening at her as he swallowed.

"Yuri..." he sighed. A wave of worry consumed Yuri at his hesitation. "They're beautiful, I just..."

"You do not forgive me," she finished his sentence, taking back her flowers in defeat. "I understand. I wouldn't either," she bit her lip.

"No!" he exclaimed, "It's not that! I'm... allergic to flowers. But I'll take them anyway!"

Yuri blinked as he grasped onto the bouquet of flowers, promptly inviting her inside, which she hesitantly did.

Allergic to flowers, she scoffed mentally as she took off her shoes.

"Come inside," he said as he tucked his feet into his slippers, taking the bouquet and walking down his hallway. She followed him, slipping on her slippers and walking down the hallway to the kitchen. She watched as he grabbed a large vase underneath his sink, filling it with water and then gently placing the large bouquet in the vase. "Been needing to use this thing, so thank you," he hummed, clicking his fingers on the vase as he looked at the flowers.

"Jungkook," Yuri interrupted him, prompting to turn toward her. She hesitantly stepped toward him, letting him tower over her in his kitchen. He looked down at her expectantly, his heart suddenly racing at the close proximity. "I may not be able to give you the love you deserve so quickly. I'm not sure how easily I will be able to get over Jisung, but for you, I'll try," she gently smiled at him. She watched as a soft smile engulfed his features, his eyes gazing into hers adoringly.