xv. Resolution

해결

해결

YURI AND JUNGKOOK had spent the next day together, walking around the city as they felt like they couldn't leave the other alone. Jungkook didn't want to be away from her, and she couldn't bring herself to part from him. The presence of the other started to become addicting to both of them. Every second together displayed a mutual knowing that the other was their soulmate, something they couldn't fathom yet were so fascinated about.

Jungkook would sometimes get a few bizarre looks from the people walking by, from the multiple small bandages on his face. Though, he would shoot them an almost victorious grin at the reminder that he had protected his soulmate.

Throughout the day, Jungkook had asked her to bring him to the cafés she'd approved of, to which she happily agreed. He would listen intently as she talked about the rich flavors of her caramel macchiato.

As the sun had set, Jungkook had brought her over to Taehyung's restaurant, as he received a text earlier saying that Taehyung had a few of his items from the day before. Yuri was skeptical, a bit hesitant to see Taehyung and Jieun after a rough night, but decided to follow along just to stop by. She wouldn't have to speak to them much, only say a few words to them and then leave with Jungkook to go home, where she'd drink a nice glass of wine and possibly watch a flick or two.

Yuri walked through the open door that Jungkook held for her, mumbling her gratitude as she stepped into the empty restaurant.

However, when she looked up, she found the restaurant to be much less empty than she thought and hoped for.

Taehyung, along with the rest of their friend group turned over to them from the sound, their conversation freezing as they looked at her. They had been scattered near the bar, a few sitting at some dining tables while the others sat at the bar.

Yuri turned to Jungkook in confusion, seeing the expression on his face and realizing that he had already known they were going to be there.

"Just listen to them," she heard him whisper, feeling his hand soothingly rub the small of her back.

"Yuri," Taehyung called out from his usual place, from behind the bar counter. "You want a drink?"

"I think I will pass," she bit her lip, trying to avoid their gazes, only looking at Taehyung.

"Get over here," he sighed as he brought his glass of wine to his lips, motioning to the empty bar stool beside Jieun.

Yuri hesitantly walked over to them, feeling the pairs of eyes staring into her as Jungkook followed her, who took the seat beside her as she sat down. A silence fell on them before Taehyung shot a glare at Namjoon, who had suddenly cleared his throat.

"Yuri, w-we know what happened last night wasn't okay, and-" Namjoon began to speak up, but was interrupted.

"I have moved past it," Yuri swallowed as she began to turn her stool around; however, Jungkook had beat her to it, gripping onto the chair to prevent her from doing so. She sent him a glare, receiving an apologetic look in response that screamed, 'just listen'. She slowly glanced to where Namjoon and Seokjin had been sitting at a dining table beside each other.

"We don't want you to think that we don't accept you. We were just... shocked is all. Our boy Jungkook was beaten to a pulp, we were drunk, and a lot of things were happening at once," Seokjin began to explain, causing Jungkook's eyebrow to cock defensively.

"Hold on, I wasn't beaten to a-"

"Jungkookie, just let them finish," Hoseok sent him a look, making Jungkook let out a sigh as he shrank back behind Yuri.

"We just want to make sure that you know that you're not a monster. Not to us, or anyone, okay? We found out that Hoseok was a Roamer a few months ago, and he's our best friend. This doesn't change the way we feel about you," Namjoon said softly.

Yuri hesitantly nodded, looking down at her hands as she processed their words. She took a deep breath before looking at them and speaking up. "I would like to apologize as well. For suddenly walking away with Jungkook without an explanation. I was very overwhelmed, and it was quite immature of me. And to Taehyung an apology, for basically forcing him to expose himself."

"You don't have to apologize for anything, Yuri," Taehyung interrupted her. "I'm glad I got it off of my chest. Now, I can boss Seokjin around because I'm older than him."

"You already do that to begin with," Seokjin scoffed, crossing his arms. "And you found your soulmate, so technically I am older than you."

"He's right, Tae," Jimin hummed from the bar stool beside Jieun, looking at his lover with heart eyes. Taehyung rolled his eyes at the sight, giving in.

"Exactly how old are you? If you don't mind me asking," said Yoongi, glancing up to her from his chair beside Hoseok.

"125," Yuri answered, causing the seven, excluding Jungkook, to gasp in shock.

"What?" Jieun exclaimed. "You never told me your age!"

"Me neither!" Taehyung scoffed, gawking at her. "I thought we were best friends."

"To be frank, you never asked," Yuri joked, causing a few of them to chuckle. On the topic of age, she turned her head toward Hoseok, who she had thought of suddenly. "I read all of your books," she said, making him raise his eyebrows in a bit of shock. "I never thought about my life the way that you do. After my first love passed away after he found his soulmate but chose to stay with me, I thought I'd never be able to find mine. I gave up, but..." her voice trailed off as she softly looked toward Jungkook, a sweet smile growing on his face as her sentence ended itself.

"You're stuck with Jungkook," Yoongi remarked, causing the group to erupt into laughter, Jungkook's gaze still lingering on her as he watched her eyes crinkle in the beautiful way they do, her smile lighting up the whole room and Jungkook's heart.

He'd never felt this way about anyone, this endearing feeling that made his heart race and his smile grow wider everytime he saw her. Every day spent with her was another day Jungkook would be reminded that he could not wait to start a life with her.