xvi. Movie

영화

영화

A FEW BUSY days of food-tasting and restaurant-reviewing passed for Yuri as she was glad it neared Sunday, when she usually didn't get many requests, leaving her a free day. Jungkook had asked her to his house for a movie; which movie? She had no idea. He refused to tell her, saying that it was a 'surprise'. He had also told her to wear pajamas, something she did not know the reason for but assumed that it was what the young people were doing these days.

So, there Yuri was on a Sunday, straightening out her very fancy gray sweatpants and simple lilac sweatshirt in front of Jungkook's door after ringing the doorbell.

The door swiftly opened a few seconds later, revealing Jungkook, wearing almost identical clothes, except his sweatshirt was a white one, with bright orange laces. His hair was a bit messy, and his trademark silver earrings were dangling from his ears once again. She wondered if he even wore those things to sleep.

"Hey! Thanks for abiding by my dress code," he chuckled, opening the door for her to walk through, which she did.

"Thanks for making it," she remarked, slipping her shoes off and shimmying her feet into the pair of slippers beside where Jungkook's usually were, perfectly aligned by his weirdly neat personality trait. "So, what movie have you planned for tonight?" she asked as she followed him through his house and to the living room, the distinct fragrance of buttered popcorn whiffing into her face.

"Back to the Future," he answered, an excited grin on his face as he wandered through his kitchen, coming out of it seconds later with a cup of tea for Yuri. She thanked him politely before sitting down onto the couch, Jungkook following.

He gently sat about a foot away from her, a playful smile tugging at Yuri's lips at the gesture. She took it upon herself to discreetly scoot closer, their thighs barely touching as Jungkook tried not to react, even though his heart was racing madly. He reached for the television remote, along with another one that dimmed the lights when he pushed a button.

"I love that movie. I have not seen it since it came out," Yuri explained, bringing her cup of tea to her lips as Jungkook started the movie on one of the streaming platforms he had been paying monthly for. Even though he knew how to defeat those computer viruses from the illegal streaming websites, he was simply too lazy to want to deal with it.

"Are you serious?" he asked her, giving her an incredulous look. "This is a classic! I watch this movie as much as I watch Kung Fu Panda."

"Is that a classic?" she tilted her head, bringing one of her legs off of the ground to tuck underneath her other one, her knee firmly against Jungkook's thigh.

"Hell yeah it is," Jungkook giggled, reaching for the popcorn on the coffee table before leaning back onto the couch. He set it onto his lap before Yuri gently put her hand on it, looking at him for approval. He blinked, letting Yuri grasp onto the bowl and place it between them, giving her an excuse to shift and snuggle up to him. Like clockwork, he gently set his arm around her shoulder, feeling Yuri's head lean back onto him a bit, making his heart melt. She grasped into the bowl, grabbing a handful of popcorn before eating some of it while watching the movie.

After about a half an hour into the movie, the bowl had completely emptied itself; courtesy of Jungkook, who had basically shoved it all into his mouth twenty minutes into the movie.

"Do you want more?" he timidly asked, his voice low in contrast to the action occurring on the screen as he held up the bowl.

"I'm okay, thank you," Yuri answered, sitting up a bit so Jungkook could place the bowl on the coffee table. He leaned back, draping his arm over her shoulder just as easily as the first time. She shifted to get comfortable, letting her head lean into his neck as he rested his on hers comfortably. She felt so safe in his arms, her stomach doing cartwheels and her heart jumping everytime he would slightly move his arm around her. A faint smile appeared on her lips as she felt his fingers trace circles on the outside of her arm, gently and softly. It became harder and harder for her to concentrate on the movie.

It seemed to be that way for Jungkook as well, as he took in a deep breath before speaking up. "What was the movie theater like in the 80's?"

Yuri hummed in thought, Jungkook feeling it in his chest. "I'm not exactly sure how movie theaters are like right now, but in the 80's, they used a projector, a pretty low quality one most of the time. The movie tickets were cheaper, I believe, and in my opinion, the movies were so much better."

"The movies were better? Have you seen any of the classics in my generation?" he asked, feeling her shake her head in response. "Not even Shrek?"

"What on Earth is that?" a playful laugh fell out of her lips as she pulled away a bit, face inches away from his at eye-level. Jungkook gently fixed his arm around her shoulder, rubbing at it and playing with her hair.

"Only the greatest movie of all time. A close runner-up would be Inception, with Iron Man following," he stated. "Actually, Iron Man might be second because Inception was too confusing..." he continued to ramble mindlessly about the differences between the two movies, Yuri watching him with a smile. When he saw her expression, his rant came to a halt, a bashful smile appearing on his lips. "What?"

"Nothing," Yuri smiled. "I just find it cute how you rank movies."

"You do?" he raised his eyebrows a bit, his voice lower as he stared into her eyes. Those beautiful eyes he could look into all day if he had the chance. And her lips, her perfectly plump pink lips that were only mere inches from his. His eyes darted to them once, feeling the butterflies flutter before swiftly leaning in, connecting their lips for the first time.

Yuri blinked at the unfamiliar feeling of someone's lips against hers, her mind scattering and realizing this as her first kiss since Jisung. The only man she had ever allowed her lips to touch. Yet here she was, suddenly letting a man kiss her like this, letting him do something only Jisung could do.

The mere thought had gravity suddenly pushing down on her shoulders as she tensed, placing a hand on Jungkook's hard chest as she ripped herself away from him. She stumbled back onto the couch, her eyes widened at Jungkook who had looked at her with innocent eyes, panic beginning to settle in as he saw her dreadful expression.

"Yuri, I-I'm sorry," he said, quickly taking his arm off of her, afraid to touch her and make her feel even more uncomfortable than he already had. He watched as she quickly stood up from the couch, grabbing her things in a hurry with panic-induced movements. "Yuri-"

"No, just-" she choked out, not even able to finish her sentence before she walked away, wiping the tears that she was unaware of shedding. Jungkook flinched as the sound of his front door slamming filled the air.

She was gone.