xii. Glance

일별

일별

"WHY ARE YOU calling me at the ass crack of dawn?" grumbled a sleepy Jieun into the phone against Yuri's cheek as she curled up onto her couch. "I got so drunk last night and Namjoon had to carry me home. I tried to pull him into my bed before he reminded me he was gay," she heard her best friend lazily cackle.

"First of all, Jieun, it is not the 'asscrack of dawn', it is 8 in the morning. And I haven't slept a blink all night," Yuri sighed into her phone, rubbing her eyes with her free hand. It was true, as the sun had already rose and Yuri hadn't slept all night, unable to from the events of the night before.

"Why not?" Jieun asked.

"I think I know who my soulmate is," she answered, hearing Jieun nearly cough her lungs out in surprise.

"What?! Who?" she wailed, her voice suddenly louder and more awake than she was previously.

"Jungkook," Yuri stated, licking her lips as she remembered the feeling she got when his hand touched hers.

"Jungkook? How do you know?"

"Because when he took me home last night, he-"

"No way, did you guys fuck?" Jieun asked incredulously, and Yuri could basically hear the wide grin on her face through the phone.

"What? No!" Yuri furrowed her eyebrows. "He-He touched my hand, and I don't know... I felt something. And I met him a few weeks ago, and after I did, I started to age. It-It makes sense."

"Well, now we know, huh? What are you going to do about it? Do you like him?" Jieun asked.

"I-I don't know," she sighed. "There's so much going on right now. Has Taehyung said anything to you?"

"Uh, yeah," she heard Jieun yawn. "He stayed over at Jimin's. I guess everything's great between them. Anyways, I'm hungover and sleepy, so I'm going back to sleep."

"Okay," Yuri nodded, despite Jieun not being able to see her.

"Goodnight," Jieun hummed, Yuri saying a quick farewell before hanging up. She laid back onto her couch, letting an exhausted sigh fall out of her mouth as the thoughts scrambled in her head.

She knew who her soulmate was, so what was she going to do? The thought of growing up with someone else made her terrified, afraid of forgetting her first love. Jisung made her the person she was today, and she felt that moving on from him would make her connection with him weaker and weaker. She couldn't let go of him.

As she began to spiral down deeper into this endless pit of uncertainty, Yuri didn't notice as her eyes fluttered closed, letting a deep slumber take over her.

-

The feeling of a sudden vibration on her chest startled her awake, and her eyes focusing on her living room ceiling, the sun shining onto her face. Yuri let out a groan as she picked up her phone, seeing the time read 1:04 in the afternoon.