xx. Awake

깨우

깨우

IT WAS WELL past midnight when Yuri received a call from Taehyung, one in which consisted of him crying, telling her that Jungkook had been attacked in his own home and was in the hospital for getting stabbed.

Her heart had nearly stopped in that moment, feeling her world crumble around her at the news. She could not afford to lose someone else again, to have to endure this world without Jungkook. It frightened her, and he had to survive, because Yuri wouldn't know what to do without him in her life.

She had hastily made her way to the hospital, where she emerged through the door of the waiting room, seeing everyone already there. She let out a shaky sob as Taehyung ran to her, engulfing her in a tight hug as she cried into his chest. The others had been sitting in the waiting room, faces stitched with worry and concern.

"W-What the hell happened?" Yuri cried out, feeling Taehyung rub her back soothingly. He pulled away, helping to wipe away her tears as she cried, her shoulders shaking from her sobs and her heart cracking at the thought of Jungkook in pain.

"He was attacked," said Hoseok, who had been sat by Yoongi, who was crying, being comforted by Hoseok.

"B-by who?" Yuri asked, looking over at them.

"We don't know," Namjoon shook his head, his hand intertwined with Seokjin, who was nervously bouncing his knee.

"This is horrible," Jieun muttered from her seat, rubbing her face. The emergency room was empty, the white and bleak walls closing in on them as they awaited for any news about Jungkook.

Nearly half an hour passed before a nurse walked into the waiting room, prompting the eight to turn their heads toward her, expectantly and full of worry.

"Is he okay?" Yuri stood up, tears stinging at her eyes as she stared at the nurse.

"He is okay, and he is awake now," she answered, causing sighs of relief to fill the room. "You can visit him now."

"Yuri, go ahead and see him," said Taehyung, as the others nodded their heads in agreement. Yuri nodded, sniffling before following the nurse outside of the waiting room, walking through the white hallway. They reached a room, a curtain drawn around the hospital bed, and Yuri stepped in with her heart nearly beating out of her chest. The nurse opened the curtain, revealing Jungkook, laying on the bed with many tubes attached to his body, a heart monitor beeping steadily beside him. She felt a flash of familiarity at the sight, something that tugged at her heartstrings. She was so tired of seeing the people she cared for in pain.

Jungkook's eyes blinked open, focusing on the girl in front of him, a wave of relief consuming him as his heart warmed at the sight of her. He longed to see her again, especially after believing he was about to die a few hours before. Seeing her face after this day was exactly what he needed to keep him grounded and sane.

The nurse allowed them some time, leaving the room.Yuri immediately made her way to Jungkook, placing her hand on his cheek as the tears slipped down her cheeks. Her eyes darted to the cuts on his face, her heart cracking at the sight. She was afraid to hug him, afraid of hurting him even further. Not a single world threatened to fall from her mouth, as she felt the lump in her throat too strongly.

Jungkook slowly reached for her hand, using his thumb to caress the skin soothingly as a soft smile crossed his features.

"How do I look?" he smiled, his cute teeth shining through.

"You've looked worse," Yuri let out a weak chuckle, feeling a tear stream down her cheek. He caught it with his thumb, wiping it away. "How do you feel?" she asked, sniffling as she pulled away, taking the seat beside the bed. She reached for his hand, holding it in between her palms as she raised her eyebrows at the boy.

"Honestly, I feel fine. Had a bit of a fright when I first got stabbed, but it's nothing now. Thankfully, the bastard didn't injure any of my organs," he explained, glancing toward the bandaged wound on the left side of his abdomen.

"Who did this to you?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"I don't really know," he shrugged. "I talked to the police, and they told me they did a background check, and this dude has been wanted for months. Apparently, he's a hitman."

"A hitman?" Yuri blinked, unsure of the phrase.

"Someone who's paid to kill someone. Like Angelina Jolie in Mr. & Mrs. Smith," he explained, causing Yuri to literally gawk at the fact that he can be making references in this situation.

"Why would someone want to kill you?" she widened her eyes a bit at the realization. Jungkook was such a good person; why would someone pay this man to kill him?

"I don't know," he sighed, a lazy smile slowly appearing on his lips. "It's kind of badass, isn't it?"

"Jungkook," she warned, fighting to urge to smile back at him. "This is serious, you just got stabbed."

"Yeah," he bit his lip, shifting in pain at the reminder. "That wasn't very fun. I was scared of leaving you."

"I'm not going to let that happen," she tightened her grip on his hand. "I can't live without you."

Jungkook slightly turned his head to her, letting a soft smile cross his features as he gazed into her eyes, the beautiful eyes he could stare into all day. "Me neither. Are the others here?"

She nodded, standing up from her chair before leaning over him, pressing a long kiss to his forehead. "I should probably let them talk to you. They're worried sick."

"Okay," he smiled, weakly squeezing her hand before she pulled away, making her way toward the door. "Oh, Yuri?" he called out, prompting her to turn back at him. "Could you not tell the others that it was a hitman? I don't want them to worry about me."

"Sure," she smiled at him, seeing him return it warmly before walking out of the room, making her way back to the waiting room. She walked through the door, seeing the others look up at her.

"I-Is he okay?" Yoongi asked, his breathing short and labored as Hoseok rubbed at his back.

"You can find out for yourself," she told them. "He wants to see you."

The boys stood up at this, getting ready to visit Jungkook.

"Did they figure out who hurt him?" asked Jieun from her seat, her eyebrows raised in worry. The others looked at Yuri, curious to hear the answer as well.

"Just some burglar, I assume," she answered, remembering Jungkook's wish to keep the hitman part a secret. Jieun nodded, patting the seat beside her as an invitation for her to sit as the others began to make their way to Jungkook.

"How was he?" Jieun asked, linking her arm with hers as she leaned her head onto her shoulder, tiredly as it was almost two in the morning.

"He's doing fine. I was so scared of losing him," Yuri sighed, letting her head rest onto Jieun's comfortably, her eyes staring into the ceiling.

"You really care about him, don't you?" she asked.

"Of course," she replied, letting a smile appear on her lips at the thought of Jungkook. "He's my soulmate," she said for the first time ever, and it gave her a warm feeling in her chest at the reminder.