vi. Small World

작은 세상

작은 세상

YURI SLIPPED INTO the backseat of Taehyung's black Hyundai, Jieun sitting in the passenger's seat and Taehyung in the driver's. He looked more pristine than usual, given the situation. He was to finally meet the boy he met on the app, Tinder, which Yuri was still quite unsure about. She didn't understand the notion of 'swiping' people, she rather thought it cruel.

"Yuri, you look nicer than usual," Taehyung glanced at her in the backseat before driving off the street in front of Yuri's penthouse. She had been wearing one of her black suit jackets, a tight turtleneck underneath it to combat the early winter weather. "Is that silk fabric? Velvet? Stripes? Ugh, don't even listen to me. I'm freaking out," he shakily tapped his fingers on the wheel, his shoulders obviously tensed as he paid attention to the road.

"Calm down, I'm 95% sure he's not a catfish," Jieun told him, patting his shoulder.

"What about the other 5%? A man like Park Jimin is definitely too good to be true or real. He's afraid of butterflies. Fucking butterflies, Jieun. If that isn't the cutest shit I've ever heard," Taehyung whined, causing a small smile to appear on Yuri's lips. She personally wasn't very sure as to why he was panicking so much, but she knew that Taehyung probably had more experience in this casual dating environment, so she chose to stay quiet, admiring the night lights out of the window.

"It's all in your head. You're not usually this nervous to meet one of your Tinder flings," Jieun pointed out.

"I know, but I-I sort of have a feeling with this one. Where it's all warm and sunny, where it just feels right," he explained, taking one of his hands off of the wheel to press it against his chest dramatically.

"Okay, Romeo, just please keep both of your hands on the wheel. You don't want to die before you even meet the guy," she scolded him, causing Taehyung to timidly press his other hand onto the wheel.

Soon enough, the three had reached the bar, where Taehyung parked outside of. He agreed to drive that night, mostly because he wanted to stay sober while meeting his crush. He didn't want to chase him away with his drunk antics that could get wild sometimes.

Walking into the bar, Yuri scrunched her nose at the strong smell of alcohol poisoning the air, a smell she hadn't experienced in almost a year. The bars and nightlife of the 21st century were too electric and ecstatic for Yuri's taste, and she never really went out like this. She preferred the times when bars played soft jazz, instead of this electronic dance music which she somewhat despised. Pick a melody, she would think.

"Do you see him?" Jieun asked, glancing around the bar along with Taehyung, nearly yelling so he could hear her over the pounding music. "What does he look like again? Brown hair-?"

"Oh, my God." Taehyung nearly choked as he saw Park Jimin, standing by the bar, surrounded by about four people. Whoever he was, he was obviously popular, having many friends. Jimin was a bit shorter than his friends, but the Chelsea boots he wore with his black leather pants highlighted the length of his long legs, making Taehyung nearly drool at the sight.