Roomates

Louis P.O.V.

I sighed as I set my stuff down outside my new room. I reached out to grab the doorknob but it was swung open abruptly.

Harry gazed at me for a minute then snarled 'I get the bed by the window. Don't touch my stuff and just stay out of my way. I'm getting food, I'll be back whenever. You touch my stuff and I'll know about it."

And with that he pushed past me, climbing over my stuff and sauntered down the hall.

It took everything I had not to comment back to him straight away. Just remember count to ten. For the love of football, count to ten. 

Counting didn't help. 'Oi Curly you sure you want the one by the window? From what I hear the monsters that keep you awake at night like the window best?'

Harry gaped back at me open mouthed. He almost looked like he wanted to smile. He collected himself though, then muttered something under his breath and kept walking.

I smiled to myself. No one talks to me like that without a little sass hitting them in the face as they walk out. It may not have been my best line, but it left me with the last word and that was good enough for now.

******

I picked up my bags and plopped them onto my new bed.

I stared around the room, taking it in. It was big enough and had just enough space for 2 beds, 2 desks, 2 wardrobes and a mini fridge.

 Harry's side was extremely neat and organised. I gaped at the fact he had even set up his desk with a pen holder and sorted his wardrobe out.

He must be ocd or something. 'He is going to hate living with me even more now.' I thought to myself.

I sighed and began unpacking.

I tipped all my stuff onto the floor and began sorting through it.

When I thought my side looked, well..... lived in, I whipped out my phone and texted Liam and asked him to come up and bring food and Niall.

*******

When the lads arrived we popped on a movie and proceeded to eat junk food and just be lazy.

At about half 10 the subject changed to Harry.

'Dude I know you hate Harry and all, for reasons I seriously don't understand by the way, but please try and make this work. You are both our friends and to be honest this whole fighting shit is just boring. I will never get why you both hate each other! I mean I love you both!' Niall exclaimed.

'Niall I always thought you loved me more though!' I replied cheekily.

'Louis, cop on. Niall's right. You love football as well, why would you risk it just to fight with Harry? I mean yeah you don't like each other but is it really worth losing captain over?' Liam pipped in.

'OK! ok! ok! I get it. It's just he gets on my nerves! He's so cocky and the way he talks just goes through my head'

Niall and Liam start laughing loudly.

'Guys what are you laughing at? I'm being serious now! Serious Tommo doesn't usually come out to play. Make the most of him!'

When Niall got his breath back he panted 'Those are nearly the exact words Harry uses to describe you! Oh man, I'm weak!!'

'Shut up Niall! and I'm not cocky!'

'Oh really? I bet if we asked anyone on campus if you were cocky every single one of them would say yes, even the teachers!' Liam said through a fit of giggles.

'Whatever I can't help if I'm awesome.' I smiled back at them.

'Oh so true Louis, Modesty is also one of your strong points! Now Liam lets move it's 11 and curfew was half an hour ago so I say we head back before anyone misses us.'

And with that they left, leaving me to my thoughts.

******

10 minutes later Harry strolled in looking rather smug, and itching to provoke.

'Aw I would have thought little LouBear would be in bed by now. It is certainly passed his bedtime.'

I raised my head to Harry and just shook it and continued getting ready for bed.

'What no comeback? Have I left the sass master speechless?' Harry said with malice and intention. 

I looked up again and the smirk Harry gave me nearly sent me over the edge.

'Look, coach got back 20 minutes ago, and since he can practically hear everything that goes on in here, I really don't think I want to be punished any further. I mean I'm roommates with you for Christ's sake. If it got any worse, I think I'd kill myself' I huffed the last part out and watched as Harry's eyes filled with hurt, but I didn't care. I just wanted sleep.

I launched myself into bed, switching off the light leaving Harry in the middle of the room, fully dressed.

He sighed, stripped out of his clothes and slowly got into bed.

After about 10 minutes Harry must have assumed I was asleep as he sighed 'How the hell did I manage to get him to hate me so much?'

That confused me but sleep soothed my worries and drifted off soon after, Harry's words echoing in my head.