Banter at dinner

Louis' P.O.V.

I strolled into the cafeteria and joined the line to get some food. I pondered on what to get and settled on a curry, water and a fruit cup after about five minutes of waiting in line patiently.

 I looked around and chuckled to myself as I saw Zayn trying to steal Niall's food.

Bad idea. Niall was now trying to bite his hand and Liam resembled a babysitter or a father really, trying to separate them.

I sighed and ordered a brownie as well, knowing I would need it.

I plonked down beside them and threw my brownie to Niall. His eyes lit up. I smile spread across his face.

"I love you Louis!" Was all he said as he stopped trying to bite Zayn and started to rip the packaging off the brownie.

I smiled "You're welcome and love you too." I said while looking at Zayn.

Zayn smirked back at me and nodded a thanks.

"So how was detention?" Liam asked looking rather relieved now that Niall was happily munching away and Zayn was no longer under threat of being eaten by an angry Irishman.

"It was interesting..." I said while tilting my head to the side and smiled thinking about it.

I started eating my food and raised my head when I heard Zayn say "Hey there's Harry"

I looked up from my food and smirked slightly as I saw Harry approach the table with a tray full of food.

He looked around at all the faces around the table, smiled slightly and said hello to everyone.

When his gaze fell on me I smiled wider.

He narrowed his eyes and plonked down beside me. I was kind of shocked but brushed it off and dismissed it, there were like no other seats.

"Thanks for that Lou." He said sounding a tad annoyed.

"Oh you're very welcome Hazzabear!" I beamed at him.

Everyone seemed to be quite shocked that we were sitting rather close willingly and even further shocked that we seemed to be having a civil conversation without a teacher present. Well not counting Harry's slightly annoyed attitude but this was beyond civil for us.

Niall was the first to say something though. "What did you do Lou?" He asked curiously as he wiped chocolate off his face.

I smirked. "Oh nothing really... just left Harry to finish on his lonesome."

Harry who was drinking water spluttered and coughed and was gasping for air.

I patted him on the back, my smirk still spread across my face. "Relax Hazza detention wasn't that bad when I left was it? I mean you only had to fold up the remaining clothes." I said innocently.

Harry glared at me finally regaining his breath. "Oh it was great fun!" Harry said sarcastically. Then grumbled under his breath.

"You are so gonna pay for that" Harry said under his breath, that I heard clearly unlike whatever else he was saying. Which somehow made me only smile wider.

"What was that Harry?" Nick asked from across the table.

"Oh nothing just wondering if we had English homework or not?" Harry said unfazed by Nick's question.

"No we don't. She was out remember? We had a study class instead?" Nick said looking confused.

"Oh yeah. awesome." Harry said uninterested in what Nick was saying.