17. Moody

"You wanna write our play together?" Beomgyu asked Taehyun who was staring off into outer space.

Taehyun squinted his eyes and turned his head to look at him. "What play?"

Beomgyu sighed and gestured toward the board on the stage. They have had a sub since forever because the actual drama teacher was on maternity leave, and they finally got an assignment.

Apparently Taehyun wasn't paying attention though.

"We have to write a play. About anything. And it has to be at least three scenes."

"I'm not doing that," Taehyun said, putting his hoodie over his face and closing his eyes.

"You have to. It's a big grade."

Taehyun audibly groaned and Beomgyu frowned. Taehyun never acted this way. If he didn't like an assignment, he still did it because his grades were important to him. Now he was acting stupid and he was taking it out on Beomgyu.

"Fine. I'll do it by myself..." he took a shaky breath and reached for his notebook, sad since he felt like the weekend they just had was for nothing. He should've known Taehyun would be a jerk. Everyone said he would be, just like everyone said Hyunwoo would use and humiliate him.

After thinking about that for a moment, he angrily stood up and walked out, leading to Taehyun obviously following him without question.

"Where are you going?" He asked, making Beomgyu stop in the empty hallway and turn around to face him.

"I dont know. Maybe somewhere to cry because you're being mean to me," his voice got high pitched and nearly inaudible the further into the sentence he got and he held his face in his hands.

Taehyun's eyes widened. "Wait! No no, stop!" He panicked, running over and holding the crying boy tightly in his arms. "I'm sorry."

Making Beomgyu cry was not fun.

"Why are you being such an asshole?"

Taehyun sighed and gently led him to the bathroom, locking the door behind him. "I didn't mean to act that way. Seeing them just made me weird. And I've been... I've just been feeling weird." He looked down and Beomgyu cupped his face in his hands.

"What's going on?" It was Taehyun's turn for tears to form in his eyes and Beomgyu's eyes widened. "Taehyun, what is it? Please. I didn't mean to get mad at you. Just please, for once, tell me what's going on."

He still refused to tell him about his job, and hadn't even talked about his dad at all in the past couple of days. He refused to tell him all of that was stressing him out.

"I just don't know what we are," was his answer. Beomgyu looked hurt, signalling that he took it the wrong way, and Taehyun sighed. "I mean, you never said we were dating and it confused me."

Beomgyu looked down and a giggle escaped his lips for a split second. "I thought me shoving my tongue down your throat was enough of a confirmation that we're dating."

"That's disgusting..."

They made eye contact and both started laughing, glad that their day of tension was finally over.

That wasn't the main reason Taehyun was upset, but he realized it was definitely one of them when Beomgyu confirmed they were dating and he felt like a weight was lifted off of his shoulders.

"Y'know," Beomgyu started as they walked back to face the sub who had probably already filled out their detention slips. "My dad works at a computer company and they're hiring. He said there's a good chance you can work there to just answer calls and help people when their stuff is messing up. What do you want to do after school?"

"Well I wanted to be a doctor..." he chuckled nervously. "But I realized I might like nursing more. I know it's stupid considering it's me, but-"

"It's not stupid." Beomgyu gasped. "That's an amazing career and you're insanely intelligent. There's nothing keeping you from pursuing it."

"Except for my father..."

"Taehyun," Beomgyu sighed. "You're an adult. What he says doesn't matter anymore." They stopped at the class and he stopped Taehyun from going in so they could continue the conversation. "If you do want the job, it could be an opportunity for you to finally leave him. You've told me the only reason you're staying with him is because you have nowhere else to go."

It did seem interesting. And it was with Beomgyu's father who is seemingly a kind man. "Maybe. It doesn't seem too bad," he laughed a little bit and opened the door.

"Both of you!"

"Ready for detention together?" Taehyun asked.

"Always."

They linked arms and walked down the isle of the auditorium to where the substitute was standing.