41. Perfect Skies

*A little bit later*

When Beomgyu got home, he saw that he had a text from Kai.

Kai:
Wanna hang out tonight?

Beomgyu:
Sure. At Soobin's house?

Kai:
Yeah

Beomgyu got ready to go and went downstairs, gasping when someone knocked on his door. He assumed it was just one of his friends or Taehyun, but it wasn't.

"I'm sorry to inform you on such short notice," the real estate agent said after telling Beomgyu that his parents hadn't paid rent, meaning he had to leave in a week. He knew his parents had rented the house because they were never sure they were staying somewhere. That's why they never bought a house.

But it was really shitty of them not to tell him.

***

"I would let you stay here, but my parents are always fighting. I don't know if you would want to," Soobin said.

"You said you told Taehyun what happened. Why don't you just stay with him?"

The three of them kept trying to give Beomgyu ideas and as much as he loved his friends, they were overwhelming him. "I don't know. I don't know what to do honestly. I don't wanna mooch off of anybody."

"What happened isn't your fault though," Kai said. "If you need anything, we're here. Why don't you stay with me? My parents won't care."

Beomgyu reluctantly agreed and Kai started excitedly making plans for what they could do.

A little bit later, Beomgyu left to go to Taehyun's house to talk to him about it. He was a little scared about going though. He and Taehyun's dad didn't get along and his dad was obviously violent.

When he got there, he sat in the car thinking for a little bit. Nothing... absolutely nothing could ever go right. He finally gets Taehyun back, and another thing just has to happen to make him unhappy.

Their lives couldn't possibly get any fucking worse, could they?

Beomgyu got out and walked up the sidewalk to the small house that Taehyun was forced to call home. It was getting dark outside. The sky was dark blue mixed with shades of orange and pink. It was a perfect sky for an imperfect day.

Nothing more could've damaged him further than finding out he was getting evicted. He wished nothing more could damage him.

He wished getting evicted was the worst part of his day, but hearing the sound of things being thrown and the person he loved most crying on the other side of the door was what broke him.

He so badly wanted to open the door.

It was locked.

Every nerve in his body wanted him to break a window or something. Take the man's gun and shoot him with it. Save the life of the boy who saves his everyday.

But he was too fucking scared of the consequences.

What if he failed and Taehyun got even more hurt in the process?

He couldn't do it. Not alone.

As much as he didn't wanna do this because he knew Taehyun didn't want him to, he knew he had to. Taehyun wanted to know about his mom, and Beomgyu would make sure that would happen. He didn't know how, but it couldn't be through his dad.

"I'm sorry Taehyun," he whispered, pulling out his phone and walking back to his car.

Whether Taehyun was thankful or resentful of Beomgyu was the last thing on his mind when he parked down the street and dialed the emergency services number. It was time to finally get him out of that situation. He knew that.

Nobody else helped him. Everybody turned their backs to Taehyun just because they viewed him as violent and cruel.

Beomgyu had to be the one to save him now before it was too late.

A/N: