64. I Love You Too

A/N: Not my fanart. And sorry this chapter is very short. AND nobody seemed to notice the numbers in the last chapter *cries*.

*Six months later*

Date: April 8th

As Kai once said, their relationship was very strange. Beomgyu was a sweet baby bear, and Taehyun was a terrifying puma. That's how everyone thought, and it was fine. But none of them knew just how wrong that assumption could be sometimes.

Taehyun's nerves always got the best of him. The day has come for him to bind himself to someone else for life, and he started crying when he woke up. He was crying out of fear for one thing. He was just scared of what the future had in store for him. But he was also crying out of joy. Joy that he finally found someone to take care of him and be there for him.

Said man made a point of that by hugging him for nearly ten minutes until Taehyun did stop crying.

It was endearing to Beomgyu. He knew Taehyun was scared, but he also knew how excited the younger was. They had a party last night with all their friends and Taehyun was so excited for today. Now he was terrified, but he was also ecstatic.

They decided to invite just certain people today. Yeonjun, Soobin, Kai, San, Wooyoung, Nari, and Hwayoung. It was very small, but it just went to show that they've only ever had this small group of people by their side.

And besides them, Taehyun and Beomgyu were all each other had. They were all they were ever gonna have.

Taehyun picked gold and white as the color theme, which was soft just like him. Beomgyu realized something when Taehyun became giddy while choosing decorations.

He wasn't a scary puma. He wasn't constantly prowling in the dark waiting to harm someone. He was a kitty. A sweet one who was misunderstood.

He needed to be protected at all costs. From himself, and from the harsh world around him.

"I love you," Beomgyu whispered with his face still buried into Taehyun's back as the boy stared into outer space.

Beomgyu almost didn't want to leave the comfort of Taehyun's warmth. They would have to leave to go get ready for the big day, but with different groups of people in different parts of the city. And the events of today would solidify his right to bask in Taehyun's warmth for the rest of his life. But he just didn't want to leave it at this moment.

He smiled while he thought about it. They would be able to do this for the rest of their lives, but they didn't want to leave right now. It could be that they were just tired. They were up until midnight decorating anyway, and it was currently 7 a.m. But Beomgyu was intoxicated by sleepy Taehyun, and he didn't want to leave.

Even if they would spend the entire night together 🤭.

Taehyun finally hummed and smiled softly. "I love you too."