65. We Made It (Final)

A/N: There will be an epilogue!!

"Are you scared?" Beomgyu asked as Taehyun wrapped his arms around his waist.

"The hard part is over," Taehyun said, resting his head on Beomgyu's shoulder. "Now I just need you."

Beomgyu nodded, wrapping his arms around Taehyun's neck in a loose hug as a slow song played. They weren't in the center of the room dancing. Everyone else was dancing with each other too. Taehyun didn't wanna be the center of attention, even to all the people he's closest to. So Beomgyu told them they weren't gonna have a special dance. They were just gonna dance with everyone else.

But he knew Taehyun wanted to dance later, without everyone's eyes on them.

"I should've invited them," Beomgyu mumbled, his face a pout as it was smushed against Taehyun's shoulder.

"Why?" Taehyun asked. "They're your parents, but... what have they done for you in the past couple of years? They abandoned you. And they didn't come to your graduation or congratulate you on our engagement."

Beomgyu sighed, but nodded nonetheless. "It's just... they're my parents, you know?"

Taehyun pulled away to stare into his eyes. "I do. Whether or not you decide to keep them in our lives will always be your choice. I won't tell you whether I think it's wrong or right."

Beomgyu smiled. "I know." That's one of the many reasons he loved him. Taehyun wasn't controlling in the slightest. He gave his input when needed, but there were some things he let Beomgyu choose and figure out. "After everything," Beomgyu said, leaning his forehead on Taehyun's as they danced even slower. "We made it."

"Elaborate for me Darling." Taehyun giggled and Beomgyu playfully rolled his eyes.

"We went through hell, especially you. I may have Meniere's, but it's okay." Taehyun looked at the aid that was in Beomgyu's ear and sighed. "It doesn't bother me anymore. There's nothing left that will mess this up for us, you know that? We're finally free from everything, Taehyun."

His voice broke along with his tear ducts, and Taehyun held him tightly as he cried quietly.

Beomgyu realized it, and it made Taehyun finally realize it too.

His dad was gone. The harsh students at their school were gone. The safe that had all the pictures of his mom in it was opened because Nari knew the code. There was absolutely nothing that harmed them that's still there.

The scars Taehyun had were still there, and they were always going to be there. And it would take a while for them to heal, but they would at some point. Until then, Beomgyu will help him with everything. He will tell him his worth and let him know that the scars will heal. Both the mental and physical ones.

It'll take a while, but Taehyun will realize that his father truly is gone. There's nobody left to cause him pain. Everything he was ever scared of can be conquered now. His life is his, and he's sharing it with the best person he has ever met.

***

"I know we've been doing it for a while now, but now we truly get to wake up next to each other every morning," Taehyun said, smiling as Beomgyu walked around their bedroom in the beach house that they would be staying in for the next two weeks. "It's already crazy."

Beomgyu giggled at him as he brushed the knots out of his hair. Their first night had been spent playing games and wrestling rather than doing what... well, what you all expect newlyweds to do on their first night of being married.

Now Beomgyu had to brush his hair and he glared at Taehyun most of the time while he was doing it.

A little bit later, Beomgyu sat on the couch reading a book and he looked up at Taehyun who was standing by the door.

"Care to join me in the lake, Mr. Kang?" He asked, holding his hand out.

Beomgyu playfully exasperatedly sighed and stood up. "I guess, since I obviously wasn't reading or anything."

He took Taehyun's hand and the younger giggled. "You're adorable Beomgyu Hyung."

"Shut up Taehyun."

But even Beomgyu couldn't hold back the smile that made it's way on to his face.

A/N: The epilogue will truly be the end. I'll say all my thank yous and goodbyes there lol.