53. Home Base

Date: April 21st

"What?" Beomgyu asked with a smile when he heard Taehyun laughing in his passenger's seat.

He sighed in joy. "I love her."

Beomgyu looked over at him and nodded. He understood Taehyun's joy. It was natural for him to be excited about meeting his mom. It's just... that was all he was excited about.

He felt horrible for thinking that way. All he wanted was to be happy for Taehyun and give him all his support. But it was hard to do that in some cases.

When they got to school, he decided to go seek out Kai. Kai wasn't currently in a relationship, but he sure seemed to know a lot about them.

"No no, it's completely normal to feel this way," Kai said, working on his computer while Beomgyu told him about his dilemma. "You wanna be happy for him, but it's hard when he's not there for you in return."

"I shouldn't feel this way-"

"Beomgyu," Kai sighed and looked at him. "I can see that you are the best person who has ever entered his life. It may seem like it's his mom, but the amount of changes he's made for his own good due to you being here? Those numbers are incomparable."

"I don't think he sees that though..."

Kai nodded, understanding his frustration. "I don't think he sees that either. But he's happy and it's important for you to understand that. You know what he's gone through. You're the only person in his life who's ever been there for him and made him happy. And now his mom is doing the same. He has two people now, and I can understand that it might make you sad that he isn't spending as much time with you. But you'll always be just as important to him as his mom is."

Beomgyu looked at the computer that Kai was twisting wires into. So he can fix multiple things at once.

"I'm happy that he's happy. It's just... is there anything I can do to get him to remember that I'm in his life too?"

Kai set down his tweezers and looked at him seriously. "Remember the bases?" (A/N: Chapter 3). Beomgyu nodded. "What base have you gotten to?"

"Third..." Beomgyu looked down shyly.

"Well, there's only one step after that it seems. You think it's time to take him home?"

Beomgyu's eyes widened and he started internally panicking. "N-no! Well, maybe. But not now! We're still in high school and Taehyun's nineteen and I'm only twenty and-"

"Not now..." Kai shook his head. "Talk to him about it though. Maybe getting him to think about marriage will make him think about you a lot more."

Even that seemed scary to Beomgyu, but he walked away thinking about it nonetheless. He and Taehyun haven't even been dating for six months. Regardless of how much they've been through together or how much they loved each other, it was too early.

And then he thought about how they haven't really talked about it a lot. Maybe it was time to bring the conversation up. It was obvious that their relationship was gonna last past high school and they have barely talked about their future together.

*Later that night*

Taehyun woke up to the feeling of Beomgyu twisting and turning in his arms, groaning and tightening his arms to get him to lay still. "What is it?" He asked in a grumpy voice.

"I can't sleep," Beomgyu huffed in annoyance, turning to face Taehyun who's eyes were closed. "I need to talk to you."

That made Taehyun's eyes shoot open and he tiredly sat up. "About what?"

"I talked to Kai, and... I'm thinking about marraige..."

"No," Taehyun said, already panicking. "No, no, no. Absolutely not. We're only twenty and-"

"Not right now bozo." Beomgyu giggled and sat behind him to wrap his arms around his bare chest. "But are you that opposed to the idea?"

Taehyun shrugged. "I don't know. I've never really cared about it that much."

Beomgyu's face turned into a slight frown and he stood up. "I mean... me neither. I just think it would be fun." He started playing with his ring finger and Taehyun sighed when he noticed it.

"I thought you said not now."

"Obviously not now Taehyun!" He accidentally exclaimed in frustration. "And I know that you struggle a lot with being able to feel certain things like other people! I get it! But this is something I've been looking forward to since I was a kid... I just didn't know you were that against it."

"I'm not. I just don't have the money right now and I wanna get the last month of school over with before I have to think about that."

Beomgyu's eyes completely lit up at that. "So you want to later on?" Taehyun nodded, groaning when Beomgyu jumped on him in excitement. "I love you so much!" Beomgyu squealed, kissing Taehyun's face and giggling when more groans came from him.

"Jeez, I love you too."

Content, Beomgyu laid back down, shutting his eyes in comfort when he felt Taehyun's arms immediately wrap around him again.