54. Let Go

Date: May 2nd

Taehyun seemed to be doing better. His mom was making him happy, but he was starting to be more affectionate with Beomgyu again. Beomgyu didn't question it when Taehyun didn't wanna go to school today.

He just took it as Taehyun being moody, which was a regular occurrence.

But when he got home from school, he realized it was nothing like that.

"Taehyun, I picked up food!" He called after shutting their apartment door. He also didn't think anything of it when he didn't get a response back. He just set the food on the counter and sat on the couch to go on his phone.

After a little while, he heard footsteps and looked at the entrance of the hallway to see Taehyun with tears in his eyes. "Hyung," he whimpered and Beomgyu immediately rushed over to hold his face in his hands.

"What is it?" He asked in concern, fighting his tears when Taehyun made eye contact with him.

"I think... I think I might be depressed Hyung," he said before he started violently sobbing into Beomgyu's shoulder.

Beomgyu could do nothing but hold him tightly. He didn't know how to comfort him. He didn't know what words to offer him to make him feel better.

He hated himself in that moment. All this time, he's been mad at Taehyun for petty, small reasons. And all this time, Taehyun has been fighting internal battles, some of which Beomgyu didn't even know about.

Taehyun didn't deserve for anybody to hate him. He didn't deserve for everyone to treat him like shit. He didn't deserve to be beaten half to death by his father. He didn't deserve to be separated from his mom his entire life.

And he didn't deserve for Beomgyu to constantly be angry at him...

"I'm sorry," he whispered, not letting go of the shaking boy. "I'm sorry I'm not there for you like you always are for me. I'm sorry I'm not good at comforting you. I'm sorry I get angry at you. I'm sorry I didn't see that you were going through this sooner. I'm sorry I'm not a good boyfriend. I'm so sorry..."

"I don't wanna make you sad," Taehyun mumbled. "If you get sad at all, please leave. I can't hurt you. You're the last person I want to hurt."

Beomgyu pulled away from the hug to hold his face again. "My love, don't worry. I will follow you into the darkness, no matter what. I know you're hurting, and I know you've been hurting for a very long time. But I'll help you in whatever way I can to bring a smile onto your face. You may feel like your life is falling apart, but new things are coming soon. Just wait."

Taehyun sniffled and held Beomgyu's hands that were on his cheeks. "I wanna let go... I just wanna start all over and forget about everything."

"Then make it happen. I'll be here to help you, but you're the only one who can let go of everything."

"Okay." Taehyun nodded and wiped the endless tears that were coming out of his eyes.

"Why don't we eat?" Beomgyu asked. "Take your mind off of it for now, yeah?"

Taehyun nodded again, leaning in to gently kiss Beomgyu before heading to the kitchen.

Beomgyu sighed and followed him.

That was a lot to take in.