19. A and A

A/N: I absolutely love this chapter you guys don't understand.

*The next day*

Beomgyu happily walked through the company that his dad and Taehyun worked at. He hadn't really come since Taehyun started working, so everyone thought he was coming to see his dad.

"Taehyunnie," he said excitedly, walking over to the boy who was typing stuff on a computer. "You're almost done, right?" Taehyun nodded and Beomgyu gave him a back hug.

"I just gotta finish this. It'll take like five minutes. Wanna go to the mall?"

Beomgyu nodded eagerly and looked around while Taehyun finished up. When Taehyun closed out of what he was doing, Beomgyu blushed when he saw his PC wallpaper.

 When Taehyun closed out of what he was doing, Beomgyu blushed when he saw his PC wallpaper

"It's me," he said, pointing at it.

"Yeah..." Taehyun powered everything off and grabbed his stuff. They walked out and got in Beomgyu's car, which they decided they were going to use for dates in case they bought stuff. "Where are you thinking of shopping when we get there?"

"I don't know," Beomgyu whispered while starting to drive away from the building. "I didn't get any money from my parents."

Taehyun shrugged. "So?"

""So" what?" Beomgyu asked. ""So" nothing."

"I got my first paycheck," Taehyun said happily, taking his card out of his wallet. "You're my boyfriend. People who are in relationships buy each other stuff. I'm spoiling you today whether you like it or not."

Beomgyu sighed and playfully shook his head, knowing that there was no way out of it.

When they got to the mall, Taehyun bought them Japanese food as their dinner date and Beomgyu was a blushing mess when he got paid for. He didn't know why. Yeah, on the dates that they've had, they both paid for themselves, but this was normal and he knew that.

"You can go to GameStop and look for that new game you've been wanting," he said when they started walking throughout the building, handing Beomgyu cash. "I'm gonna go get you something."

Beomgyu watched him walk away and sighed. He bought the game that he's been wanting very bad, but as he sat on a bench in front of a fountain, he wasn't happy about it at all. Taehyun should've been buying himself things that he's been needing instead of buying him stuff.

Beomgyu:
Where'd you go? I'm sad 😔.

Taehyun:
Why are you sad?

Beomgyu:
I don't know. It's stupid.

Taehyun:
Your sadness isn't stupid.

Taehyun:
Where are you?

Beomgyu:
In front of the fountain by the food court. I went to go get a brownie 😔.

A few minutes later, Beomgyu felt Taehyun sit next to him and laid his head on the younger's shoulder. "Why are you sad?"

"I just feel bad," Beomgyu mumbled, looking down at the video game in his hands. "You got a job to take care of yourself. Not buy me stuff."

Taehyun sighed and shook his head. "It's okay. I'm getting paid a lot. If I can buy you stuff, that means I can afford it."

He wanted to tell Beomgyu not to worry about him so bad, but he realized that being in a relationship made it more complicated. Now he was basically supposed to let Beomgyu into his life.

That was okay. Beomgyu was a good person to have knowing about everything.

But it made Beomgyu worry about him, and that was the only thing Taehyun didn't like.

"Stop worrying. I already told you that I wanted to use my first paycheck for fun stuff."

"Fun stuff for you."

"Well seeing you happy makes me happy, so here." He handed him a little black case that definitely had some sort of jewelry in it and Beomgyu eyed him suspiciously.

"Isn't it a little too early-"

"Oh for crying out loud, it's not a ring." He started laughing and Beomgyu smiled before opening it.

He tilted his head at the necklace.

There were two stones in an infinity symbol. One of them was light blue, and the other one was dark purple.

 One of them was light blue, and the other one was dark purple

"What is this?" He asked.

"Aquamarine is your birthstone, and amethyst is mine."

Cue aww noises from the audience, am I right?

Beomgyu's face contorted into what could only be described as soft and he took it out of the case. "Can you put it on me?"

"Yeah." Taehyun smiled, glad that he liked it, and secured it around his neck.

On the drive back home, Taehyun drove since Beomgyu was tired and they were holding hands the entire time. "Thank you," Beomgyu tiredly smiled at him. "I had a lot of fun today."

They also went shopping at Bath and Body Works and saw a movie, which is probably what made Beomgyu tired.

"Of course." He stopped at a red light and looked over at Beomgyu. "I also wanted to tell you... yes, I want to buy fun stuff that I was never able to have growing up. But since we started dating, all I've wanted was to be a good boyfriend. Take you out on fun dates, buy you whatever your heart desires, and make you happy. Now that I finally have a job, I can buy myself stuff, but I can also spoil you rotten like I've been wanting to."

Beomgyu sighed and then chuckled a little bit. "I'll also start making money so I can do the same for you."

"No, you don't have to."

"If I don't have to, then you don't have to either."

Taehyun shook his head in defeat and they both started laughing.

"So your birthstone is amethyst?" Beomgyu asked, looking at the gorgeous pendant that rested on his neck. Taehyun nodded. "And mine is aquamarine. They both start with A. A and A. We can be the "Double A Couple"."

A/N: Now you understand why I love this chapter 😭.