29. Aliens

"Oh," Kai said.

"So does that mean Taehyun will be my father in law?" Soobin and Taehyun both glared at Yeonjun who started laughing. "I'm kidding."

"It's not something to joke about," Soobin groaned, handing Taehyun a glass of wine. "He obviously doesn't like talking about it. Why do you think he's been avoiding me all this time?"

Oof.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of." Yeonjun smiled sweetly and hugged Taehyun. More like he hung from him because of how drunk he was already. "It's an honorable job. And it means you're brave. And sexy. And people are willing to pay a lot of money just to have sex with you. It's pretty badass actually."

As much as Yeonjun was trying to be kind and reassuring, hearing it out loud was humiliating to Taehyun and he looked down. Yeonjun was right. It was okay. But Taehyun felt ashamed when he thought about it.

He decided to leave after a little bit. He didn't go to Beomgyu's house, but to his own house. It was closer and he seriously just wanted to get in bed quickly and slip into unconsciousness. When he got there though, he was confused to see his dad still awake and... sober?

"Hey. What are you doing here?" His dad asked, looking at him instead of the TV.

"Just... got back from a friend's house. I didn't feel like driving all the way to my place though." He yawned and started walking passed when his dad's voice stopped him.

"Good night Taehyun."

What the hell?

"Um... good night?"

He quickly ran to his room and locked the door behind him. Wait. A lock? His dad took the lock off his door. When did it come back?

Aliens. This had to have something to do with aliens. That was the only explanation.

When he woke up the next morning, he tiredly went out to the kitchen and saw his dad making breakfast.

Oh right.

The aliens.

"Dad, what are you doing?"

"Are you hungry? I'm making food. Obviously..."

Taehyun nodded and went back to his room to text Beomgyu.

Taehyun:
Beomgyu

Beomgyu:
What?

Taehyun:
My dad is acting strange.

Beomgyu:
Why are you with your dad?

Taehyun:
I was at Soobin's house yesterday and I didn't feel like driving across town to your house.

Beomgyu:
Why were you at Soobin's house?

Taehyun:
I was just hanging out with him and the others but THAT'S BESIDES THE POINT.

Taehyun:
He's acting nice. Like an actual dad. It's weird.

Beomgyu:
What would you do if he tried to apologize?

Taehyun:
Fuck that. No apology can ever make up for all the shit he's done to me.

Beomgyu:
Good good.

Beomgyu:
Maybe he's on drugs? Or something?

Taehyun:
I don't know. I don't think so.

Taehyun:
It's probably something stupid.

Taehyun:
I love you.

Beomgyu:
Are you ending the conversation?

Taehyun:
I'm trying to figure out why my father is acting like he gave me no trauma.

Beomgyu:
Oh lol.

Beomgyu:
Wait not lol.

Beomgyu:
I'm sorry 🤦‍♀️

Beomgyu:
I love you too Sweetheart.

Taehyun:
Are you gonna call me that now?

Beomgyu:
Yes.

Beomgyu:
IT'S CUTE AND IT'S TRUE.

Taehyun:
Okay okay. I love you. Stay safe. Bye.

Beomgyu:
BYE SUFHDJDJ ❤❤❤

Taehyun:

Taehyun was smiling like an idiot while putting his phone back in his pocket and left again to go have breakfast. His dad hasn't made him breakfast since he was like fourteen. Hell, his dad hadn't even cooked anything in a few years.

"So what's been going on with school?" His dad asked to break the silence. "Have you applied for university yet?"

Taehyun cautiously nodded. In case you don't remember, Taehyun's dad is a little backwards and was disappointed in Taehyun for actually having dreams... strange, right?

"Yeah... I got accepted for Seoul National University back in February for their Nursing program."

Please don't say anything sexist.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked excitedly and Taehyun's eyes widened. Now this was too much kindness.

"I knew you would react bad."

"Well I'm not acting bad now! Let's go out to eat tonight, okay?"

"With what money-"

"Don't worry about it."

Taehyun's eyes widened.

Maybe Beomgyu was right about the drug thing.