55. I Was Gonna Kill Him

*The next day*

Date: May 3rd

When they first got to school, Beomgyu had to leave to go talk to one of his teachers. That didn't bother Taehyun since they would've parted ways for homeroom anyway.

He just felt a bit sad. Obviously, Beomgyu made him happy at the moment. He couldn't even tell his mom about his mental health. Only Beomgyu. So those few minutes of talking to his love being taken away from him was upsetting.

"You know Kang Taehyun," someone said, slamming his locker shut.

Sometimes, there were a few people who would pick the fight with Taehyun. This wasn't one of those people, but Taehyun knew everyone could sense it. The change in Taehyun's aura. His cold and violent demeanor becoming quiet and reserved.

People could see the tip of the iceberg that held all of his flaws right now, and their eyes digging into his skin was not helping in the slightest.

"What?" He asked as calmly as the venom in his throat would allow him to.

"I was just wondering... what turned you into a little bitch? You haven't gotten into a single fight in a while." Taehyun just rolled his eyes at the familiar name. He didn't know what this guy was trying to do. It's not like he hasn't heard these words a million times over. "Your college is ruined and your dad is dead. That seems like more than enough of a reason for you of all people to want to fight out of anger."

No, that wasn't a reason. But this guy saying it out loud was.

"Not even gonna defend yourself? What a pity. Beomgyu deserves someone better than you, you know.  I should've fucked your little boyfriend when I had the chance."

It was as if a fire had literally been lit in Taehyun's eyes. Nobody in that hallway had ever seen his face turn from stoic acceptance to pure wrath. Everybody stepped back and the guy would've been on the floor dying if it wasn't for someone stepping in between them and grabbing Taehyun's fist.

Everything was about to go into that punch. All the anger and sadness and overwhelming negativity in Taehyun's mind. All of it was going to go into making sure this person would never see the light of day again.

Taehyun was seething, barely able to breathe when his eyes trailed to the man who stopped him from killing somebody.

"Calm. The fuck. Down. Now," Yeonjun warned, holding Taehyun's fist tightly in his own hand.

Tighter.

Tighter.

Tighter.

Until Taehyun whimpered and stopped trying to fight against it.

His guard let down and he stared up at the older man in shock.

Nobody. Absolutely nobody has ever overpowered him. He was only ever beaten by his father because he was too scared to fight back. Nobody has ever humbled him before. Nobody has ever made him cry out from agony and drop to his knees in physical and emotional pain.

"Everybody, get to class. Now." It wasn't sure whether they listened to Yeonjun because of his strength, or the power of his boyfriend. Either way, everybody hurriedly scurried away, including the guy from before.

"Hyung," Taehyun whispered, looking down at his hands that were resting in his lap. "I was gonna kill him."

Yeonjun nodded and sat across from him on the floor. "I know. Truth be told, if you looked any less angry than you did, I would've let you fight him. Maybe."

"Why "maybe"? It doesn't matter anymore."

"Mm," Yeonjun agreed and then shrugged. "Well, not necessarily. I got accepted into SNU for engineering a couple weeks ago. A little flirting with the admissions team and boom. You should have a new acceptance letter in your emails."

Taehyun's eyes widened and he quickly pulled out his phone to check.

""Dear Taehyun, I am pleased to offer you admission into Seoul National Univeristy starting this Fall"." Taehyun looked at the floor and then Yeonjun. "Why would you do that for me?"

"You deserve it kid." He stood up and brushed off his pants before helping Taehyun up.

"Does Soobin know you're a flirt?"

"Are you kidding? How do you think I get us free drinks all the time."

Taehyun giggled and for the first time, went in for the hug. He didn't hug a lot of people. He can't even remember if he's hugged Kai or Soobin yet. His eyes widened upon realizing it, but when he felt Yeonjun's comforting (and apparently very strong) arms wrap around him, he sighed and shut his eyes in content.