Scaling Chimney

(Told through the perspective of May)

"Lets go." I breathed heavily. We all hopped back onto Flygon to get to the peak. The air seemed stale and hot. My eyes were full of ash and were burning and watering. We finally landed on the cracked rock. A cloud of dust and ash exploded off of the ground when Flygon's large body fell to the ground. 

"Hey!" I heard Brendan's voice. 

"Shut it, kid." A deep voice scolded. I peeked around the corner of a rock. A extremely large and muscular African American man threw Brendan's cage closer to the magma in the volcano. 

I gasped. What if had fallen in?

"Lets all just run at him!" Julian exclaimed. 

"I actually agree." Jordan stated. "That will intimidate them. 

"Alright... I'll go, and if things don't go well, I want all four of you to charge." I decided. 

I took a deep breath and turned the corner. My fists clenched, and my eyes squinted. Matt, the large admin from before was turned around. I decided to run towards Brendan first. 

He was extremely delighted to see me. His eyes widened and he smiled. 

"What are you doing here?" He whispered. 

"Shhh." I put my finger to my mouth and began to pick the lock. 

"HEY!" Matt's voice boomed. I fell back. He ran over. I was paralyzed in fear. He took his arm and threw me to the edge of the volcano. I got up, by my foot slipped and a chunk of rock broke into the volcano. I screamed and fell. Luckily I was able to grab onto the edge. I looked down and saw the rock sink in the red hot lava. 

It was hard to keep myself up. I was sweating and felt like I was going to faint. I peered over the edge of the rock to see Jordan, Jess, Julian, and Sandra running at Matt. They all surrounded him.

"Get OFF!" He screamed and threw them in different directions. All of them hit rocks and were bleeding except for Sandra and Julian. Sandra flew off the edge of the volcano.

I was in so much panic that I didn't realize that she caught my foot before falling. Julian became so angry that hurt Sandra. He thought she had fallen in. Tears streamed down his face as he lunged towards Matt and crawled onto him. 

Matt stumbled into Brendan's cage, which hung on the cliff of the volcano, rocking back and forth. Jess and Jordan ran to Julian. Matt was down, but Brendan, Sandra, and I were hanging off of a cliff and slowly sliding into an abyss of lava.

My head went numb, and I saw black spots. My head fell and my hand slipped off of the cliff. I blacked out.