A New Friend

Mareep began to screech with joy when it found a pokemon for Maddie. A Skitty popped out of the tall grass.

"I love it!" Maddie was so happy to see the small pink cat pokemon. It rubbed up against her leg and purred. "Can you catch this one?" She asked

"Sure." I held out a pokeball and tapped the button in the center. Skitty began to absorb into the light that came out of the ball.

"Thank you so much!" Now I won't be lonely!" Maddie exclaimed.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Yea, go ahead."

"Do you want to come on a journey with me? You could experience the legend of the Glistening Emerald with me instead of just looking at it in books." I offered.

"Well... That does sound fun... Oh what the heck, lets do it!" She highfived me.

"Mareep!"

"Skitty!" The pokemon cried.

"Let me just pack up my stuff!" She said running to her house.

About a half an hour later she emerged.

"Next stop, Petalberg City!" I screamed.

We began to walk on a short road that lead to the city. It was very lively and shady. It was late spring, so the shade was a good addition to the route.

"So, do you think we will experience the hoenn myths? I have heard that they are true!" Maddie was so excited.

"I sure hope so! If I could meet Kyogre, I would be so happy! I've always loved Kyogre, since I wes really little." I explained.

"Me too. Groudon always scared me." We both began to laugh.

"Hey, we are almost there. Do you mind if we visit my dad, he is in the Petalberg gym." I asked.

"Yea, sure! I'd love to meet him!" We walked under a small archway into a quiet and small city.