The Path to Victory

May and I jumped off of Latias and landed in front of a large valley.

"They call this place Victory Road. I have a short cut!" May winked. We walked into the valley.

It was windy and cold as we walked through an open path. All of a sudden, May slipped and fell down a hole.

"Help!" She screamed.

"May!" I grabbed her hand, but fell through with her.We slammed on a hard and moist floor. We got up. I could barely see May, but I heard her dust herself off.

"What do we do? I can't see a thing!" May complained.

"Go Ampharos! Light up a path!" Ampharos popped out and the red orb on it's tail began to shine.

"Go Torchic, use Ember to light up the cave!" Torchic happily jumped out and used a little bit of fire to help us see a path out.

We walked aimlessly for a while, having no idea how to get out. Eventually, we came across a tall women with a pink tank top and long white pants. She wore high heels and her long black hair hung down on her shoulders.

"Excuse me?" May asked. "Do you know how to get out?"

"May... Brendan..." She turned around. Her piercing green eyes gazed upon mine.

The woman raised her hands as a green aura surrounded them.

"Are you!" May exclaimed.

"Sabrina. Bye bye, now." She flicked her wrist and we were gone. The next thing I saw was a bright light opening up to orange gates. I turned around to see the valley behind us.

"Well that worked out. Kind of intense but nice..." May cocked her head.

"YOU USELESS POKEMON! YOU CAN'T EVEN BEAT A STEEL TYPE! GET LOST!" A blond boy screamed at his pokèmon. It was red with a black shell.

"Don't treat your Torkoal like that!" I screamed.

"Why do you want it? It's no use to me." The boy walked away. I looked into the little turtles beady, watery eyes. My heart was broken. Poor thing.

"Would you like to come with me and help me beat the Pokèmon League?" I asked it. it stood emotionless for a moment. It lit up with happiness and began jumping around. I took out a pokèball and tapped Torkoal. The ball shook and sparks flew out.

"I can't wait to challenge them!" I ran into the league and ran to the counter to be registered. I showed them my eight badges and headed to the elite 4 chamber.

"I hear they recently changed the rules. Good luck, I will be there to cheer you on!" May smiled and hugged me.

I walked into a dark chamber. I saw a few silhouettes. A red spotlight hit a man with a little bit of pink hair, a black shirt and red pants. Sidney. A blue spotlight fell on a girl with short black hair and red flowers on the sides. She wore a blue skirt and a blue top. Her tan looked nice in the light. Phoebe. A purple spotlight fell on a regal looking women with blond hair and a purple dress. Glacia. Finally, a blue and red spotlight fell on a man wearing a sailor outfit with white hair. Drake.

"We are the elite four." Sidney smirked.

"Glad your here!" Phoebe smiled.

"We aren't easy to beat." Glacia taunted.

"Beat us and you can battle the champion." Drake frowned.

"Oh! There is a policy change and you have to battle all of us at the same time! Four of our pokèmon against two of yours!" Phoebe exclaimed.

"Phoebe!" They all screamed.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry guys, I got a bit excited." Phoebe scratched her head.

"Let's get this thing started." Glacia giggled.

"Mightyena!"

"Dusclops!"

"Glalie"

"Salamence!"

I grinned my teeth. "Go Pelliper and Ampharos!" They popped out, ready to battle.

"Pelliper, Fly! Ampharos, Discharge!" Pelliper dodged the attack as Ampahros used Discharge, hitting all four pokèmon. Pelliper flew down and hit Dusclops. Dusclops stumbled back.

"Snarl!"

"Shadow Ball!"

"Ice Beam!"

"Earthquake!"

"Counter with Power Gem!" Ampharos nodded and sent little diamond shaped rocks to hit the attacks. Snarl never made it to us, and the Shadow Ball and Ice Beam exploded. Pelliper, pick up Ampharos and use Fly!" Ampharos dodged Earthquake and was flying back to the ground.

"Signal Beam!" Ampharos shot a bug type move at Mightyena. It fainted. Sidney returned his pokèmon and stood aside.

"Fly on Salamanca!" Pelliper hit Salamence.

"Confuse Ray!"

"Icicle Crash!"

"Dragon Breath!"

"Mirror Move!" Pelliper absorbed the attacks and shot them back with double power. The attacks hit Salamence. Drake brought his pokèmon back and stood aside.

Phoebe and Glacia looked at each other. Phoebe looked scared, but Glacia winked at her. Phoebe smiled.

"Shadow Ice!" They screamed together!"

"What?" I was so confused. Glalie spun and used Ice Beam while Dusclops did the same with Shadow Ball. The moves swirled together. "Mirror Move!" Pelliper sent the attack back at Glalie. It fainted and Glacia stepped aside.

"Glacia!" Phoebe cried.

"You'll be fine hon. Just do your best!" Glacia smiled.

Phoebe looked at me nervously.

"Thunder Surf!" I screamed. I had never done this before, but Ampharos and Pelliper seemed to understand. Pelliper used Surf, and once released, Ampharos electrified it with Thunderbolt. It hit Dusclops, knocking it out.

Phoebe brought back Dusclops and fell to her knees. The lights turned back on. They all gathered.

"Wonderful." Glacia smiled.

"Good." Drake grunted.

"Ugh, we were no match for you..." Sidney frowned.

"You... were amazing. You have taught me a lot. Thank you." She hugged me.

"The champion is this way." They healed my pokèmon. "Good luck back there." Drake patted me on the back. They walked out of the chambers. I walked through the door. A shiny silver light shined from above. It began to fade, revealing Steven.

Phoebe's POV

I had to see more. He was such an inspiration.

"Oh, I'll be right back, I forgot Banette's pokèball!" I lied.

"Hurry up, sweetie!" Glacia breathed out.

"We will meet you there." Sidney rolled his eyes.

They all thought I was immature. Whatever. I had to see Brendan's battle. I was so inspired. Maybe I should go out on a journey. I am too confined to Hoenn. I began to plan out my next journey as I headed to the battle field. I hope he wins!