The Wild Whirlpool

May and I jumped in the water. It was salty and cold, but felt so good after a long night. It was still a little awkward between us, though. 

<Earlier that night, Brendan and May found themselves having a romantic dinner on the beach after May's contest. After confronted by the waiter, they began to see each other in a different way. When May got cold, she snuggled up to Brendan. After looking into each other's eyes, they realized that they needed to do something about these feelings. They then went in for a kiss at the same time. Both of them were extremely happy.>

"The water feels so nice." May began to backstroke over the rolling waves. 

I wanted to say something, anything! I tried to agree, but all that came out was, "mmhmm!"

"Brendan?" May asked after a while. The moon was bright. She flipped over. "Can we talk for a sec?" 

"O-of course!" I swam closer to her. 

"W-what just happened. Uh, you know..." May looked for the right words. Her eyes sparkled. I leaned in and pressed my lips against hers. 

We pulled apart. 

"Yeah, alright it wasn't just me!" She giggled. "But if we have a relationship... should we travel together anymore?" May looked down. 

"W-why wouldn't we?" I panicked. I didn't want to lose her.

"Well, I don't know, it feels weird." May sighed. 

"Maybe we could just stay friends. With benefits? Kind of." I suggested. 

"That feels kind of wrong... But it is better than leaving you I guess. Let me think about it." May smiled. 

"What was that?" I asked. The rip current was pulling us out. 

"Swim to the side!" May cried. We were still being pulled out. I grasped her hand as we were pulled out. It was forceful. The water pushed us around like we were Tentacool. 

"Is that?" May screamed. 

A whirlpool. It must have been going over 100 miles per hour!

"Curl up! Debris could hit you!" May cried. We were sucked into the dark blue abyss of the whirlpool. 

I must have blacked out for a long time. Probably about a day. My eyes fluttered open. It was bright.

 The sun felt nice on my body. I thought I was naked but I felt my bathing suit. I tossed my head to the side. May was still asleep.

 I saw our bags in the corer of my eye. I sat up and looked around. A figure in all black looked at me. The figure nodded and vanished into thin air. How ironic. The air was thick, it was hard to breathe. 

I fell back down. I couldn't hold my head up, keep my eyes open. My vision slowly faded. I tried to stop it, but my attempts were useless. I was so confused and tired. I felt my head hit the concrete. I couldn't feel the pain, but I felt the thud. 

I tried to fight it, but within a minute, I was out. I remembered the stormy skies and the whirlpool, but everything after was a blur.