Briney's Salty Sea

The fresh salty air was nice to breathe in.

"Mr. Briney's sea cottage is right over there. Do you want to visit your dad first though?" Maddie asked.

"Sure i want to tell him about my victory at Rustboro!" We ran into Petalberg City and entered the gym.

"Dad!" I called out to him.

"Brendan! What brings you here?" My dad asked.

"I went to Rustboro like you told me to! I beat Roxanne and helped Rustboro get money to renovate the city!" I explained.

"Thats great! Are yo on the way to D-" I cut him off.

"Dewford Town to battle Brawley!"

"Well it looks like you have everything under control. I will see you when you recieve four gym badges. I shall be your fifth gym battle. But don't expect to win." My father challenged.

"Well, we better get going if we want to get to Dewford by tonight. Bye, Norman!" Maddie and I left to the sea cottage.

I knocked on the door and an old scruffly voice called out.

"One moment please."

He opened the door. A short and old man stood before me.

"Aye, shall you be going around the ocean to get yander to Dewford." The man had a happy smile.

He was a little uncomforatable to be around.

"Yes please, Mr. Briney." Maddie answered.

"Aye, then please jump on my boat so we can sail to Dewford!" Mr. Briney said excitedly as he jumped in the boat.

The refreshing sea breeze and ocean spray felt good. I was extremely excited to battle the Dewford Gym leader.

"We here, friends!" Mr. Briney screamed.

"Thank you, sir." Maddie said as she jumped out of the boat.

Dewford was a small island with a gym, a pokemon center, a cave, and a couple of houses. It was completely surounded by water.

"Lets check out that cave!" I suggested. As we were about to walk in, a tall man with silver hair emerged.

"Oh my god! Its Steven, the champion!" Maddie was starstruck.

"Hello. I'm Steven."

"I'm Brendan. Someday I aim to challenge you and take your title as champion!" I explained to him.

"Well, how many badges do you have?" Steven asked me.

"I have one." I answered. Steven laughed histerically.

"Get seven more and maybe we will talk. In the meantime, later." He walked away.

"He is a jerk!" I screamed angrily.

"I havn't seen this side of him before..." Maddie shrugged.

"Well, lets go to Dewford gym. I want to get my second badge and be closer to proving Steven wrong!"