Winona's Winds

The women took a deep breath.

"Ahhh!" She sounded refreshed. "The wind reminds me of new beginnings..." She continued.

May glanced at me. We had an understanding that this woman was crazy.

"So." Wings sprouted from her clothes. She glided upwards, did a flip, and landed in front of me still airborne.

"Can you spread your wings?" She questioned me before throwing out a pokeball. "Go Altaria!" Her shrill voice cried. A fluffy blue and white bird pokemon emerged from her pokeball.

"Go Ampharos!" I threw out my tall yellow partner.

"Typing can't always be on your side. Use Dragon Pulse!"

"Dodge and use Electro Ball!" Ampharos jumped out of the way and sent a ball of electricity hurling at Altaria. Altaria was damaged.

"Dragon Dance!" Altaria focused on making its stats higher.

"Use Thunder!" Ampharos jumped forward and created a huge lightning bolt. It shocked Altaria, sending it flying towards the ground. A cloud of dust cleared from Altaria revealing that it had fainted.

"I've got some left! Go Skarmory!" A steel bird pokemon looked angry as it came out of its pokeball.

"Thunder Bolt!" Ampharos created another lightning bolt that hit Skarmory. It didn't get too damaged.

"Steel Wing!" Skarmory sent steel feathers hurling towards Ampharos. Ampharos was hit and fell to the ground. It got itself up and roared.

Ampharos shined until the light grew to a ball around it. The ball became brown and solid before it cracked from Ampharos punching itself out.

Ampharos was taller and had a white mane on its head. It also had white fur on its tail.

"Rooooos!" Ampharos roared.

"It mega evolved!" May cried. She bit her finger nails in nervousness.

"Use Discharge!" Ampharos collected all of its electrical energy and released it in all directions. Skarmory was hit and paralyzed. It could barely move.

Ampharos ran ahead and blew purple fire out of it's mouth.

"Dragon Breath?" Winona was shocked. Skarmory fainted. Winona returned it to her pokeball. She held out one more as she gently landed on the ground. She kissed the pokeball.

"Come on, Tropius!" A giant green pokemon with wings of leaves emerged from the pokeball. It had a bunch of bananas dangling from is face like a beard. It looked strong.

"Use Leaf Storm!" Millions of leaves flew by Ampharos, cutting and injuring it.

"No! Use Thunder!" Ampharos sent a powerful bolt of electricity towards Tropius. It cringed but didn't take much damage. Grass types could withstand electric type moves. Then I remembered.

"Use Razor Leaf!" Sharp leaves forcefully flew towards Ampharos.

"Catch them in your tail!" Ampharos nodded and covered its body with the fur on its tail. The leaves were blocked by the fur. Ampharos shook them out.

"Use Fire Punch!" Ampharos's fist ignited as it charged towards Tropius. The fire hit Tropius, badly injuring it. It could barely hold on until it got burned. Tropius's wing caught on fire. It began stomping around and screeching. The ground violently shook. Tropius slapped it's wing on the ground to put out the fire.

"Use Wing Attack!" Winona screamed. Tropius didn't move. "Tropius!" Winona screamed. Tropius's legs gave out. It collapsed with a big thud on the battlefield. "No way!" Winona moaned.

"Yes!" I hugged Ampharos. It shined and shrunk back to it's original form.

"Here you go. The Feather Badge." She handed me a shiny badge with a wing on it.

"Thanks!" I put the new badge away and returned Ampharos to it's pokeball.

"Yeah. Do you guys like shopping? I have these coupons to the Lilycove Department Store that I will probably never use.

"Yes!" May ran over and swiped the coupons from her hand. "Thank you! Come on, Brendan we have to go quick before they expire!" May grabbed my hand and rushed out of the gym.

May pulled out her flute and played it. Latias swooped down. We jumped on it's back and flew up into the air.