A New Beginning

The wind came in through the cracked window and nipped at my skin. I began to force myself to wake up and close the window. I opened my eyes. The brightness began to fade, and I saw a beautiful spring day before me. The flowers were blooming and the trees were beginning to bud new leaves. I stretched and put on some clothes. I wore black pants, black sneakers, an orange and black t-shirt, a white hat, and a green bandana.

"Brendan!" I heard my mom call. "Come down stairs! Dad is here!"

I sprinted down the stairs. I never see my dad because he works as a gym leader a couple towns over.

"So, did the move in go well?" My father asked as he embraced my mother.

"Yea, but Brendan's really missed you. He hasn't really made any friends. I think it may be time, Nor-"

"Time for what?" I interrupted.

"Well me and your mother have been discussing something for a few years. We think that you should become a pokémon trainer." My dad answered.

"Really?" I asked nervously.

"Yea. Would you like to go on a pokémon journey?" My dad asked

I stared at him in awe. "Really?" I asked again.

"Well, what's your answer?" My dad asked.

"Y-yes... Yes!" I exclaimed. "I'd love to!" I couldn't wait.

"Get ready! You can leave by the end of today if you can be prepared fast enough!" My mom exclaimed. "Go get your backpack ready!"

I ran upstairs and packed up my green backpack with extra clothes and some supplies.

"Are you sure about this?" My mother asked concerned.

"He'll be fine." My father assured her.

"I'm ready!" I screamed as I ran down the stairs.

"Great, but I have something for you." My dad held out a red and white striped ball with a black button on it. "I want you to have this pokémon."