Leaving Littleroot

I woke up. It was a beautiful day. I could feel the sun flooding through the window onto my bed. I opened my eyes and sat up. Mareep stretched out after its night of sleep.

"Mareep! Mar!" Mareep jumped on my lap.

"Are you ready for today?" I asked Mareep excitedly.

Mareep smiled and nodded. I jumped out of bed and threw on my clothes. I grabbed my pokéball and ran downstairs after Mareep.

"Morning, Brendan!" My mom greeted as she stood by the stove frying bacon. "How about some breakfast before you leave?" My mom suggested.

"Thanks Mom." I answered. My dad walked in the room.

"Good morning." He smiled.

"Any advice?" I asked.

"If you want to be a champion, you have to challenge the gym leaders. Start out with Rustboro City's Roxanne. Most of all, have fun with Mareep, and don't be afraid to catch other pokémon." My dad answered.

"Time to go. I love you! Have a fun trip!" My mom called after me as I ran through the door.

I looked at Mareep. We both had the same look on our faces.

"The beginning of our adventure!"

I ran out of the little town. I would never call that place home anyways. My life was beginning all over again. This time with a friend. A true friend. Her name was Mareep.