Dining Under the Stars

We walked across the smooth white sand in Lilycove. My feet sunk into it as I walked. 

"There it is!" May pointed at a fancy building with lights. "Thank goodness, I am so hungry." May put her arm on my shoulder as we continues walking. We approached the stairs and walked in. 

"Hello, table for two? Or would you like to eat on the beach?" A man in a tuxedo asked. 

I looked at May. I shrugged, I  didn't care. "Let's go on the beach!" She giggled. Her smile made me so happy. 

We walked out and sat on a blue and white blanket. The waves crashed on the shore leaving a thin white layer of foam on the sand. The sound made me so relaxed and calm. I think we both needed it after the contest.

"I love that salty smell." May smiled. She leaned back and relaxed. She shivered. She must have been tired. 

"Are you cold?" I asked. I felt bad. "Here," I took off my jacket and handed it to her. "Take my jacket. I don't really get cold."

"T-thanks" She blushed and wrapped it around herself.

The man in the tuxedo came over. 

"Have you decided what you would like to eat this evening?"He asked. 

"Oh, I forgot to look!" She picked up the menu and searched for something to have. 

"I'll have the steak, please." 

"Good choice!" May elbowed me. "I think I will have the grilled chicken." She closed the menu and handed it to the waiter. 

"Both great meals. I will be back shortly." He said, taking the menus and going back to the restaurant. 

"Thank you!" We said in unison. May blushed. 

"Look at the stars!" May looked up. The moonlight reflected in her eyes. She was so happy. 

"They are really beautiful." I responded. 

"Hey, Brendan?" May asked. 

"Yeah?" I wondered what she was going to say. 

"Ever since I started traveling with you... well, it was a amazing opportunity. I am so glad I took it. I have had the best experience. Especially being able to grow so close to you. We are a great pair. I would have never entered in the contest without our support, and definitely wouldn't have won. I guess I am just trying to say... you are really special. I am glad to have you here with me." May smiled and snuggled up to me. 

I put my arm around here. "I thought you wanted to leave! I feel the exact same way, May." I looked down and smiled at her. 

"I am here with your food! Be careful, the plate is hot!" The waiter chimed as he put the plated down in front of us." 

"It smells amazing!" May smiled and picked up her fork. 

"Thank you very much!" I thanked the waiter. 

May took a bite of her chicken. Her eyes lit up. "This is amazing! You have to try some!" She put a piece on her fork and shoved it in my mouth. I was alarmed at first, but it was amazing. It was seasoned to perfection. 

"Try some of my steak!" I did the same. She bit it off of the fork and smiled. 

"It's really great!" She smiled. "Thank you for having dinner with me!" She smiled. We continued to eat, listening to the waves and looking at the stars. 

The waiter came back when we were finished. 

"How were your meals?" He asked. 

"Amazing, thank you!" He handed me the check. 

"I'll get it!" May reached for it. I pulled it away.

"No worries, it's on me!" I put the money in and handed him the check. I slipped him a large tip as well. 

"Thank you for choosing the Lilycove dining hall. And may I just say that you two are the best couple I have seen all night." The waiter smiled. 

"Oh, um." May and I were beet red. May giggled. The waiter left. 

"Wow, that's so funny that he thought... oh wow!" May smiled, becoming more red. 

"Haha, wow, that is just too funny." I smiled, still red. 

May looked into my eyes. All I could focus on were hers. She leaned in and said thank you. 

"N-no problem." I stuttered. Then out of nowhere, she leaned in and pressed her lips against mine. They were warm and sweet.  kissed back. I felt like I was going to burst out laughing. I had butterflies in my stomach. She pulled back with a huge smile on her face. 

"How about we go swimming. I brought our bathing suits." She smiled holding up her bag. 

I couldn't even speak. It was so amazing. I swallowed and had a huge smile all the way across my face. "I-I would like that." 

She smiled back. She seemed just as happy as I did. I tried not to gape and to have my face return to normal color. It didn't work, I was too happy.