Moving Forward

I woke up on cracked rock. I pushed sweat off of my face. It was so hot at the top of the volcano.

"Its about to erupt!" May screeched.

"Wha-" I didn't even know what was happening. I remembered being beat, and May, and that guy, and that other guy, and those two girls... I was so out of it.

May slung me over her shoulder and ran down the volcano. She sure was strong. I opened my eyes and immediately shut them.

"May..." I coughed.

"What?" May panted.

"L-lava. Behind." I was still weak.

May grabbed a spray out of her fanny pack and sprayed me with it. I felt really sick, and I passed out again.

Told through the perspective of May

The lava was coming really close. The heat was intense. Brendan woke up, so I guess that's good. I actually put him back to sleep because he started to panic.

"Ow!" I turned around to Sandra on the ground. The lava raced towards her.

Julian turned around and threw her on his back. She twisted her ankle.

Jess and Jordan jumped off the side of the volcano. Julian jumped off too. I decided to follow. I'd rather die from jumping off of a cliff than getting eaten by lava. I closed my eyes and jumped off.

When we landed, safely somehow, we looked at the route to Mauville City. A stream of lava inched its way towards the town. A small pokemon appeared out of nowhere and began to shine. Before my eyes, the lava was gone.

Back to Brendan

I opened my eyes again. I was in a bed at the Pokemon Center. I took a shower and had some food before I went outside. I was in Lavaridge Town. There was a gym and hot springs. I went to the hot spring and found May and those other people. I went to go sit with them.

"You're awake!" May exclaimed. 

"Yeah." I didn't know what to say.

"Oh, these are my friends from Fallabor. Oh yeah, I ended up in Fallabor from that Diglett. This is Jess, Jordan, Julian, and Sandra. They all helped me rescue you." May filled me in.

"Wow, thank you all so much."

"Any time!" Julian smirked pridefully.

"We din't really do that much..." Sandra nervously laughed.

We relaxed and talked for a little bit after that before May told Julian about the gym. He was really excited to go.

"You challenge gyms?" I asked.

"Yup! You?" He responded.

"Yeah. How about we all go!" I suggested.

"That sounds like it could be fun." Jordan answered.

"How about you guys go to the gym and we can go shopping! There is a great place around here, and I was looking for some Go-Goggles." Jess suggested.

"Sounds good!" Julian was pumped for a battle. 

"Oh. Um, good luck..." Sandra didn't want to leave Julian's side.

"Come on!" Jess grabbed Sandra's arm and ran.

We headed towards the gym.

"Are you challenging the gym leader?" I asked Jordan.

"No, but I know her. I hope you have a water type pokemon. You'll need one if you don't want to get scorched." Jordan warned. 

We walked through the door into a cloud of smoke and dust. Jordan wasn't kidding about her.