A Mega Contest

I ran into the contest hall. I couldn't see May anywhere. I decided to stand in the line where the rest of the people in the building were standing.

"Contest 436?" A man asked me.

"I, uh, I don't know. The one with May?" I didn't know what to say.

"Yeah go through." The man pushed me through. "Next?" He asked the person behind me.

I walked up a steep set of stairs and took a seat in the dark hall. There was a large stage with colored spotlights. The theater was cool and dim. A few minutes later light music began to play.

"Aaaaalright, every one. Weeelcooome to the Lilycove Contest Hall! Tonight will be a special contest. Sit back, relax, and watch as these wonderful trainers show off their pokemon!" Everybody clapped. I started too as well.

"Ouuur first contestant iiis Mariana with her Shroomish!" People clapped.

"Use Poison Powder and Stun Spore!" The girl cried. Shroomish began to emit purple and yellow powder. It sparkled beneath the lights. Everybody clapped.

"Here is Lilycove's own Jackson with Surskit!"

"Use Bubble and Pin Missal!" The blue bug pokemon blew bubbles into the air and spikes with a green trail behind them popped the bubbles. The bubbles glistened and the trail resembled a star. Jackson bowed and left.

There was some tough competition.

"Brittany and Spoink!"

"Use Psychic and Bounce!"The pig pokemon created a purple and pink wave of psychic energy and bounced through it. The psychic swirled into a spiral like it's body. It landed and bounced back up, causing the psychic to fade into a mist around it. Everybody cheered.

"Now, our last contestant all the way from Petalberg City iiiiiis, May and her Altaria!" May ran out onto he stage. She looked so happy, and so beautiful.

"Alright, Altaria, use Fairy Wind, Dragon Pulse, and Aqua Tail!" Altaria created a pink sparkling Fairy Wind, created a spiral of the purple Dragon Pulse and used Aqua Tail on the ground. The water hit the ground and went upwards. Altaria flew up out of the center of the concoction of moves. Everybody was in awe. Suddenly, Altaria began to shine. A rainbow erupted from the moves. Altaria flew out and sprinkled sparkles into the audience. When it returned to the stage, it looked different. It was much fluffier and seemed bigger.

"Wow, folks, looks like we have a fan favorite. Come back in 30 minutes for the talent round."

I walked out of the contest hall and sat on a bench. I adjusted my tie.

"Hey!" May came running over.

"You were so amazing!" I hugged her.

"Did you see Altaria?" I asked.

"It mega evolved!" I cried.

"I know! But I don't have a mega bracelet or key stone!" May seemed nervous.

"I saw a keystone. Around Altaria's neck." I explained.

"What? I thought that was just a pretty stone!" May exclaimed.

"I know! You did amazing, regardless."

"Aw, that's sweet." She kissed my cheek.

"The talent round will be taking place in 4 minutes!" A voice over the intercom warned.

"Good luck!" I hugged her again. She ran back and I entered the contest hall. The lights slowly faded.

"Heeeloo everybody! Welcome back to the talent round!"