Chapter 27

Chae's POV (Nara's mom)

I was putting the foods on the plates and waited for Nara to come downstairs. Suddenly I heard a thud. I was so worried so I washed my hands and slowly walked upstairs. When I saw her, I froze. She was holding a letter.....from Namjae. I forgot to hide it.....oh no...

"N-Nara-"

"What is this mom?!", she stood up as tears began to fell. I was so shocked by her reaction.

"Nara, honey let me explain-"

"You don't have to because I knew that you hid dad from me! I had been fooled by you and dad for years! Now I'm all grown up and how do you feel when you knew that you actually have a father?! I believed you! You said that he's dead!", she tears the letter and threw in on the floor.

"Nara we didn't mean to. It's just we have to keep some distance between you and your father"

"Why though? I can't understand why I have to keep some distance from my own dad! And.....and....the fact that Yeonsang even knows about this! I trusted you both so so bad! I hate you!", she pushed me away and ran out from my room.

I stood there, still in shocked. I fell on my knees as a tear slowly fell of my cheek. My relationship between my daughter had ruined....just like that....

Poor Nara, I shouldn't have done that.....it's my fault for not telling her what happened to Namjae. I guess I have to tell her right away. But not now....she need some time....I feel her....I feel so so bad...

I didn't want to keep it as a secret, but I had to. Namjae is geting healed day by day but he refused to come back, because he's afraid he might hurt Nara. But I know he wouldn't......I know....

FLASHBACK

"I need some money....I'm suffering....", he said, being totally unaware with his weird behaviour. I held my baby tight, protecting her from my husband, who's positive in drugs. I cried, shivering because I was too scared.

"I-I don't have....right now", I said between sobs.

"Aish....I need that thing! If you don't give me money, I will sell this baby!", he said while trying to take Nara away from me.

"No! She's your daughter, Namjae! Why are you doing this?!", I screamed when he tried to take Nara.

Until....he managed to get her....from my arms. I screamed as loud as I could. He began to run away from the house, but unbeknownst to him, the police is outside, pointing their guns and him. I was so relieved when they arrived in time. But I got a heart attact when he threw Nara on the bushes. I screamed and run towards the bushes. Thank god she's safe.

Namjae tried to run away....but the police caught him.

Years passed, he had been staying at the cure and care centre. He had been healed slowly and he's a lot more different now. But he refused to come home, because he's afraid if she might hurt us again. He just wants to pay for all facilities and child support. And admire his family from afar.....

His brother's family knows this, that's why Yeonsang helps us until now and treats Nara like his own sister.......

END OF FLASHBACK

I cried out, and hugged my knees. I really hoped that you're here. Sending letters is the only way we could interact without Nara knowing. But unfortunately she knew....but in a very horrible way.

I stood up and wiped my tears before running downstairs, searching for Nara. I didn't see her and expected that she had ran away. Until I heard some sobs on the kitchen. I sighed and slowly walked towards the kitchen. Seeing her eating the meal while crying.

"Nara.....please..."

"Let me explain...okay?"

_

Yeonsang's POV

I hopped on my bike and quickly went to Nara's house. I was so shocked when Aunt Chae told me that Nara knew about her father. I knew she's going to hate me. Please don't hate me....I hope Aunt Chae managed to explain everything to Nara...

I don't want to lose her.

I get off my bike as soon as I arrived at Nara's house. I knocked on the door. My heart is pounding so hard right now, while thinking of how to explain to Nara. The door opens revealing Nara. I didn't expect her to be the one who opens it. I looked at her face, it's swollen. My face softens seeing her.

"Nara....I'm sor-"

I didn't get to finish my words when she suddenly hugged me. I frowned before looking at Aunt Chae who's standing behind her. She was crying too. She gave me a signal, saying that everything's okay now. I sigh as relief and slowly patted Nara's back to comfort her.

"Y-Yeonsang....thank you....for taking care of me.....Thank you for helping my dad......", she sobbed.

"Nara....no problem. I will do anything for you....."

"Sorry for keeping it as a secret...."

"I will protect you, okay?"

"Don't cry"

I wiped her tears as a smile plastered on her face.

"Thank you, Yeonsang..."

"You're welcome...."