Chapter One

Macon was deserted

Macon was deserted. Cars lay abandoned on the streets, some upturned, others just sitting there. The sound of Kenny's truck echoed through the town, before it stopped.

"This is as far as we're going," He said, and looked back at Duck and Luna. "Grab your bags."

"Then this is as far as we need to go," Lee said, getting out of the car, Clem and the other's following behind.

The six of them walked down the deserted street, stopping in front of a drug store.

"Look!" Duck said loudly, and pointed to a person on the other side of the road, hidden slightly behind a upturned car.

"Hey there!" Kenny called. "You friendly? Trucks run out of gas!"

The person turned, meat hanging out of their bloodied, grey mouth.

"Fuck!" He yelled.

Many more walkers appeared, from behind trucks, inside stores, under cars. Duck yelled as one grabbed his arm, and Luna hit it over the head with her bag, making it let go of him, before a loud bang sounded, and it fell to the ground, spraying blood over to two of them.

A woman stood behind them, holding a pistol, shooting the walkers with a steady hand. She had short brown hair, and was wearing a button up white shirt with a pencil skirt and heels. Kenny and Katjaa quickly grabbed Luna and Duck, pulling them into their arms and blocking their ears.

"Come on!" A young guy yelled, holding an arm out and leading Lee, Clem, Duck, Luna , Katjaa and Kenny into the drug store. The woman followed behind, and locked the gate and door behind them.

"We can't be taking risks like this!" A woman with long, straight, brown hair said the moment they entered, scowling.

"And we can't just let people die, either!" The girl with the gun countered.

"When I say 'that door stays shut no matter what' I fucking mean it! We don't know who these people are! They could be dangerous!"

"Worse," An old man croaked. "They could have led them right to us!"

The girl with the gun scoffed. "Where if your humanity? They could have died out there!"

"Then we should have fucking let them!"

"Whoa!" Lee furrowed his eyebrows. "Chill the fuck out, lady! We're just people trying to avoid those things, just like you!"

"Don't you start swearing at me!" The brown haired woman said.

"I'll say whatever the fuck I want, if you want to start threatening these people!"

The girl with the gun grinned. "You'll have to excuse her."

"The hell he, or anyone, will!" The brown haired woman said. "This is about survival. Don't you or anyone else see what's going on here?"

"They have kids, Lilly!" The guy who helped them in, said.