Chapter Two

They drove to the motel that Glenn had gone to before hand. There was a litter of dead walkers, as well as a body of a young woman that Luna spotted. Lilly was dragging the bodies into piles, looking at them in disgust, as Glenn and a few others listened to the news from his car.

Luna, however, was rather shaken after that walker grabbed Clementine. She didn't like how their faces looked, or the sounds they made, or how many of them there were . . . or how they ate Doug.

Even from where she sat beside Clem and Duck, she could hear screams and gun shots from the darkness. She didn't like the night as much as she used to.

"You okay, Clem?" Luna asked. 

"Yeah, it's just . . . I got grabbed again."

"Yeah, but Lee saved you!" Duck ran to Kenny's car. "I wanna find Croaky!"

"It's not that, though . . . " Clem took a shaky breath. "I fell, and my walkie talkie broke, and Glenn had the other one."

"Oh."

"I know we're supposed to be tough, but I'm just sad. It's how I used to talk to my parents and now it's gone."

"Maybe we'll find a new one," Luna said. "I'm sure there'll be one somewhere."

"Yeah, maybe. I'll just keep a hold of this one, I guess."

"We'll work it out, Clem."

With a loud crash, the lights went out, and they were plunged into darkness.

"Daaaad!"

*    *    *

Three months. 

That's how long it had been. With no running water, no electricity, no 'winning' as Kenny put it. Lilly was trying to put herself in charge, but when it came down to it, Lee was a natural leader. Food was scarce, one person going without food every night, and everyone else having only a little as Lilly rationed it, though everyone thought Lilly had snuck more for her father, as he wasn't complaining at all, unless it was about other people. He'd been arguing with Kenny and Lee non-stop.

Currently, Luna was wandering around the enclosed car park of the motel. Lilly was sitting atop the RV in the centre, gun in hand. Duck was coloring on a large page on the ground, as Clem kicked her ball towards the wall. Kenny, Mark and Lee were out hunting, and Luna wasn't sure where Carley was. Luna, however, was looking at Larry, who was hitting a board on their barricade with a rock.

"What're you doing?" She asked, holding her crocodile plush (who's name was Croaky). 

He looked at her, scowling. "I'm working."

"No, your not."

"Yes, I am!"

"You're hitting a board with a rock. I could do that."