Chapter Fourteen

I feel homophobic not putting Clem and Luna together-
I'm sorry, I have gay plan for Clementine

also, there's only three chapters of this book left, which I'll probably put up next week, and then I have another book for a sequel, I guess. It's still Luna, I've just got to do some editing, and then it'll be up. Anyway, I'll put the cast up for it, It's called waiting around to die, and it's set on a timeline I made up for this story. Anyway, thank you for reading, I really hope you enjoy this, and I'll see you next week for the other updates.

also this is 8141 words so get some popcorn and cinnamon

Luna woke up to walker on top of her, about to bite her.

"What the shit!" She yelled, shooting it in the head, making her ears ring. "What the hell, Clem?"

"Sorry!" She heard Clem's voice from far away. "I was busy!"

"Too busy to stop a walker from sucking my face off?"

"I thought it was romantic."

Luna sat up, seeing Clem across the road, the gun men gone. She made her way across the street, and saw Clem placing Mariana's body in a grave she had dug.

"God," Luna looked down at Clem. "Haven't seen anyone be buried since . . . before I found you again."

Clem climbed out of the grave, looking down at Mariana. "I thought she should be buried. Not just left."

It took a while, but they buried her, her face slowly vanishing beneath the dirt. She looked tiny it the hole Clementine dug. 

"I guess we should head back to Prescot," Clem said. "Get a car from Javi, make sure they got there okay."

Luna sighed. "I've got a bad feeling."

"Like what?"

"Like when we found Ava in that shed. I just . . . "

"Feel like something's going to go wrong," Clem finished. "Something probably will, but we've got to keep our hopes up. We'll get to that prison. I just wish . . . "

They heard groaning from nearby.

Luna pulled out her machete from her backpack again, which Clem had put on the ground. She put it over her shoulder, and made her way over to the pile of large tires, where the sound was coming from. Clem followed her, gun in hand. 

"Thank god, it's just a walker," Luna said, quickly stabbing it in the head. "Oh, shit . . . "

"What?"

"Exactly what I thought," Luna showed the burnt brand on the walker's neck. "Fucking Frontier."

"Oh, god," Clem muttered. Then sighed. "It'll be okay. We'll be out of here, soon. Even if they were after us, we should be able to avoid them."