Chapter Twelve

"Shit! I've been hit! I've been hit!"

"No, Luke, let go of me! I need to get Luna!"

"No, Clem, just wait, you'll get yourself killed!"

Countless gunshots.

"Mike, get over here!"

"Fuck you!" Kenny was shooting from behind a tree. "You started this shit!"

A crying baby.

Luna could see him. A few feet in front of Rebecca's pale corpse. 

She crawled towards him. 

Help him.

Help him.

Help him.

A bullet shot the ground beside her head.

Help him.

Help him.

Help him.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Luke yelled.

Another bullet.

Get to him.

Almost there.

She stood up, and ran over to the baby, scooping him up, before running behind the snow covered wall Clem and Luke were behind.

"Holy shit," Luke panted. "I didn't even see him there."

Luna held the baby close to her chest as Luke glanced around.

"Alright, we gotta do something here, y'all! We're pinned down! We can't just sit here, and let this guy take pot shots at us until he runs out of ammo."

"This doesn't have to get any worse!" Kenny yelled at one of the guys hiding behind a rock. "You can just go!"

He yelled something in the other language.

"English, motherfucker!"

"I kill every one of you!"

"Cover me!" Luke yelled to Clem. "And I'll run over to you two. Just. . . give him something to think about!"

"I'll try!" Clem raised her gun, and began shooting towards the woods. 

Luke got up, and ran towards them, but the guy seemed to think better, and shot Luke in the leg.

"FUCK!"

"Luke!" Bonnie yelled.

With the crying baby on one arm, Luna reached out and pulled Luke behind cover, leaving a smear of scarlet blood on the snow as Kenny shot the brains out of the guy who shot Luke.

"You okay?" Luna asked.

"Well, he got me in the leg, but . . . fuck, I think it went straight through, I . . . I don't know."