Chapter Three

It wasn't until about an hour later that the others joined Lee and Mark at the dairy

It wasn't until about an hour later that the others joined Lee and Mark at the dairy. Carley had come back to lead them to the dairy, the entire group going over. Luna was still pretty shaken from the walker attack. She knew if it wasn't for Carley . . . which means if any get her and no one's around . . . well, she needs to learn to get rid of them. Carley had stayed at the motel with Ben, to keep and eye on it, and Luna was just feeling more and more uneasy.

When they arrived, Mark had a arrow in his shoulder, blood staining his coat.

"Hey, y'all!" Kenny waved, before spotting Mark. "Holy shit!"

"Oh, my God, Mark, what happened?" Katjaa asked.

"He was shot by raiders." Lee told them angrily.

Lilly walked forward. "Is he gonna be okay?"

"Yeah," Mark panted. "I should just . . . pull it out-"

"No, no, honey," A woman with ginger hair walked forward. "Come on inside, Brenda's got you, now."

As the two of them made their way inside, Luna glanced around. It was a basic farm house, with large paddocks, and a large house in the centre. Barbed wired fences surrounded it, trees around the border.

"Hey, kiddos," One of the men walked over, making Luna jump back and hide behind her dad, Grabbing Duck's arm. "Whoa, whoa, there, I'm not gonna hurt you! I just wanted to say I fixed up the swing for you guys, if you want to swing on it."

Clem gasped and her eyes lit up. "A swing! Like the one at my treehouse! Come on, Duck and Luna!"

"Go on, kids," Kenny smiled down at them. "Go enjoy the swing."

They ran over, and Duck got there first, Kenny pushing him on the swing. Luna, however, was still glancing around at the farmland. She couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. That someone was watching her or . . . something was off.

"Come on, Lu," Katjaa walked over to the swing a few minutes after Lee left with one of the guys, Danny, to look for whoever shot Mark. "Duck, Clementine, you can come, too. There's a cow I'm going to check on."

Duck jumped off the swing. "A cow? Dad, come on! Where is she, Mom?"

"In the barn."

"Come on!" Duck ran towards the red barn house, making the St John's mother laugh.

"Full of energy, ain't he?" She said in a southern accent. She was a pump woman with red hair, and looked rather clean for someone in the apocalypse. She smiled at Kenny. "My name's Brenda, dear."

"Kenny," He said. "I'm telling you, this food situation's been horrible. Can't thank you enough."

"No problem, dears," She smiled. "Dinner should be ready soon. Are you kids hungry?"