Chapter Ten

14314 words yall BUCKLE IN

Luna watched the butterfly on the tree

Luna watched the butterfly on the tree. It was very pretty. She'd had loved to draw it, if she had her sketch book. It sat there, completely content, the rest of the world not bothering it. She wondered if Walkers spread to more than just humans. Maybe there were walker rabbits. She'd watched a show about a fungus that can take over a ants mind and make it go on a killing spree before actually killing it. At the time she found it interesting. Now, not so much.

"Are you two almost about done over there?"

Luna glared at the man holding the gun by the truck. "Shut your hole."

"The fuck did you say?"

"Just a minute!" Sarah walked out from behind a tree. "Thanks for coming with me. It's scary out here."

"It's fine."

"I know they made you, but it's still nice you came."

"Yeah, well, we gotta stick together. Look out for each other."

"Well, if you need to pee, let me know. I can keep lookout."

" . . . Okay."

They made their way back over to the truck. Carver was leaning against it, while Bonnie smoked a cigarette. The guy with the gun walked over.

"Everything come out alright, girls?"

"Troy," Carver said. "Get them tied up."

"Will do."

"Yeah, we're on our way," Carver said into his walkie talkie. "Probably about thirty minutes away. Make sure everyone's prepped, emotions may be running high. Carver out," He turned to Troy. "If I find you've been wasting fuel to keep that fucking heater going I'll make you walk back."

"Nope. Froze my ass off, just like you told me to."

Carver looked at Luna, who was watching him. "You know it's not polite to listen into other people's conversations. Hasn't anyone ever taught you that?"

She shrugged. "Don't really care about my politeness anymore."

"Well you better. Cause if I see any kind of disrespect, I'll hurt you myself." He turned to Troy. "Get them in the back with the others. Got a bit of a drive ahead of us."

Troy held a gun to the back of their heads after he tied Luna's hands. "Get in"

He pulled the back of the truck open, and they climbed in.

"Are you guys okay?" Sarita asked, and they nodded.

Troy slammed the door closed.

They drove along the uneven road in silence, tipping along with the bumps. Clementine and Luke weren't there. Carver seemed to think Luke cut and run, but didn't know Clementine was a thing. Hopefully it stays that way.