Part 1

"Izuku, honey." Mrs Midoryia called.

In reply, said boy, came thundering down the stairs charging to his mother's side.

"All ready sweetie?" She asked, worry clear in her voice.

Yet her young son ,who was oblivious to her concern, replied, "Absolutely! Let's go!" As he bounced at the door.

So Inko walked over and tried on her best smile. "Come on then Izuku baby, let's go."

.
.
.

20 minutes later the pair had arrived at their destination, the hospital. Today Izuku was finding out if he'd be getting a quirk. He of course was not scared in the slightest. Inko on the other hand was a different story.

As they sat and waited, well as Inko sat and waited, her knee bouncing. A building sense of dread and guilt welling up inside her. She glanced at her gorgeous child, tears glazed over her big round eyes but her smile was bright. Even when the doctor told Izuku his devastating, soul crushing news, Izuku would always be her son. It was her fault after all for not being strong enough herself to provide him with a quirk. She just didn't know what she'd do to support her child, who's heart would shatter when he found out that his dream, his only dream, would be completely impossible when the diagnosis came.

And with that though running through her head Izukus' name pinged onto the screen and a short, grey man shouted, "Izuku Midoryia!"

Her bright eyed boy, who'd been playing heros with another child, sped over to the man in white. Inko followed silently and closed the door behind her, she felt guilty.

Izuku sat patiently while the doctor worked on him. He ummed and arred seeming unsure, and Inko took hope in this, until the x-ray results came back and his face when hard. Her son looked ready to burst, smiling and smiling. Inko was about ready to burst too, burst into tears. Izukus eyes twinkling directly at the doctor but the doctor turned to Inko, and she braced.

"I'm sorry Mrs Midoryia but it is likely your son will never develop a quirk." She felt wounded, her heart cracking slightly, he continued" You see this x-ray well he o..ly.. ha..."

Izuku sat frozen, he wasn't stupid he thought he was quite clever but regardless, he knew what them words meant. He didn't have a quirk.

"Izuku. Izuku!" A voice spoke. The boy snapped out of his shock horror and looked around. To his surprise and confusion only his mother and the doctor sat talking. "IZUKU! They're lying too you. You have a quirk. Don't listen to them, they know nothing. You have a quirk don't forget that, I'll talk to you soon okay. Just remember Izuku you do have a quirk."

That was all the young boy needed, how else was someone talking to him. Unless... UNLESS HE HAD A QUIRK! Izuku was over the moon, after all the bullying, the isolation, the pitying or dismissing looks from adults. None of it mattered because he had a quirk.

He was smiling ear to ear, his mother and the doctor stared at him like he'd grown another head. Like the news had driven him insane, but he was far from it. Yes he discovered he hated the world, but was he crazy
Of course not, unless you count  being crazy happy.

Well, he was crazy happy until he got home. His mother dropped to her knees and sobbed. "I'm so sorry Izuku." Is all she repeated.

"It's okay mum I do have a quirk don't worry." He smiled but she just cried louder and harder. He knew she didn't belive him, and if she didn't who would...