Part 35

"Izuku Midoriya." Aizawa had called when the class began to disperse from homeroom.

Izuku heaved out a breath, surely it was punishment enough that the faculty had decided that doing a 'rescue mission race' during hero studies today would be a great way to test the classes skills. Aizawa clearly didn't share the sentiment.

Izuku found it incredibly suspicious they'd decided on the assessment after Izuku joined the class. Perhaps they though it would be even better if  the person they would he 'rescuing' was all might himself. Izuku didn't find the idea remotely funny. Surely they weren't that cruel. An unfortunate coincidence he told himself.

Aizawa waited till the class left before he started.

"I refuse to play games with you Izuku." 

Izuku stood a little straighter, mimicking Aizawa.

"I understand sir. If it makes you feel any better I was planning to see you yesterday like I promised."

The man sighed deeply.

"I hope you understand the serious of your situation. Funny business will not be tolerated."

"If you just gave me some sort of freedom I wouldn't be so bored, I feel like a bird in a cage."

"Enough!" Aizawa snapped.

Izuku's eyes widened a fraction, quite frankly he was shocked at the outburst.

"Listen carefully to me Izuku, you are on thin ice; paper thin. If you continue I'll have no choice but report to Nezu. I'm sure he's already aware but one word from the faculty you'll be out of this school. 4 walls will be your permanent home, no freedom. Ever.  Do you understand me."

An intense stare off began.

Aizawa was king but his pupil was well trained in coffee and late nights.

.

After a few moments, the boys back hunched, is shoulders rolling forward.

 "whatever."

Aizawa smirked a tad, " You have after school sessions until you catch up with the work you missed. Be polite and respectful, they're going out of there way for you. This is a formal warning Izuku do not push it." The man paused looking at the boy in front of him, "You can go."

Izuku's fingers had tightened around his nails digging into his skin.

As soon as Aizawa gave the word, he has began to move.

Izuku glared at the floor, "I hate this shithole."

Aizawa frowned. He watched the boys retreating figure, a sad, serious expression emerging.

"Damn brat." He mumbled softly.

Present Mic waited patiently for Izuku to arrive grumbles sounded around the classroom.

Izuku walked in gloomily, ignoring the sharp glares he received.

"You are to sit here Izuku, please." Hisashi pointed to a seat at the front beside his desk.

The boy groaned, much of the class snickered.

He took his seat quietly. As much as he'd rather sit at the back, it was fruitless to argue over something like a seat. Especially with, he glanced at Mic smiling brightly, a teacher who didn't look all that bad, maybe unpleasant for Izuku but friendly. Maybe that was why Aizawa got on with Hizashi, opposites attract and all that.

Double English was almost unbearable but he completed the work to, what he thought was, an admirable standard he just needed to see if Yamada Hizashi agreed. He had taken an English course last year out of boredom along with a few other languages that he thought may come in useful. His grades for the courses were outstanding and apparently he was quite fluent, there was no need to tell any of the teachers that though. To much talking involved.

His next class was Japanese, boring, he finished his work quickly, napping for the rest of the lesson doing extra work in this class was no fun for him, anyways he had to mentally prepare for his next lesson- hero studies.

Izuku really, really debated on not going. He couldn't stand the sight of all might he made him nauseous, but he also couldn't cause any more trouble- at least not yet.  

He thought through his options;

A) go and behave.

B) go and not behave then risk being put in prison. 

C) not go then risk being put in prison.

Clearly A was the correct answer but B was calling to him, it felt like the dangerous and he needed some adrenaline in this shithole.

Izuku arrived at the training ground with the rest of 'his' class.

The students were in awe of the make shift arena, Izuku had to admit it was impressive, but his face remained impassive as he watched the big idiot all might in front of him.

"Alright class" All might began, "We'll have some fun with a rescue training race today."

All might pointed to the arena, "This is Field Gamma. I shall be splitting you into groups of five and you will all be positioned around the arena, on my command you will start, whoever is the first  to get to me wins."

When Izuku looked out onto the area where pipes and metal ran throughout the space. He could tell this race wasn't made to be fair. Some of the kids had quirk advantages while others had nothing that would aid them, they were first year students, he couldn't see how this sort of activity would be allowed. Izuku wasn't stupid there were disadvantages everywhere and this test was about how you coped with the disadvantage just like a hero. But for 15 year olds to be put into an arena like this with minimal training on the grounds that it would be unfair was not cool, it happened in the hero world sure but hero's were fully trained and worked around their drawbacks, this arena gave little room for creative talent and adaptation. 

Maybe prison wouldn't be a bad call honestly... Well that would be the case if he wasn't going to be targeted.

"Two groups will run before lunch, two will run after. Lida, Ashido, Ojiro, Sero and Izuku shall run first." All might chuckled brightly nullifying the students.

Izuku's eyes shot up blazing harshly. Oh what he would do to punch him in his smug face. 

 For a moment Izuku debated doing so, or just darting away, he could not stomach allmights grin for much longer. Instead he decided on giving the class a little show, just a small one, nothing flashy nor showy just something that would cause quite whispers when he entered the room, perhaps it would be enough to get All might to piss off too. 

With the others Izuku retreated to his starting point on the arena, he just wanted to go to sleep.