Part 5

Izuku was fed up with his depressed thoughts recently. He was perfectly fine just going about his day feeling nothing, and not being weighed down by his shitty thoughts. He struggled enough as it was, always feeling a tonn of bricks in his brain and on back.

He also didn't get why people put so much value into authenticity and truthfulness. It never got him anywhere. He'd tried to tell people about his quirk, and, he remembered, he had tried to tell his mum about Bakugou Katsuki.

Key word tried.

His mother brushed him off, saying he was probably just playing or it was an accident.

Eventually, after trying over and over  and failing over and over, Izuku stopped trying at all. Why try when everyone pretends they can't see whats right infront of them.

Soon after Izuku went numb, emotions didn't solve anything anyway.

Izuku decided to go and get coffee. He had discovered this quaint, little coffee shop about a year ago when he really started getting into coffee. The place was perfect and he was a regular customer.

The coffee was divine, tasting like no other. The cafe was subtle and unchanging with rarely anybody inside; all be it the few regulars. And the ancient lady who ran it, was a beautiful soul. When Izuku was having a bad day she always make him a special, one of a kind type of coffee on the house. She gave Izuku faith in the world.

Now craving his drink, Izuku sped down to the cafe.

Before, he would have walked right past, now he was hyper aware of its existence and he speedily made his way in.

The door bell chimed as he walked in, and Hitoha waved him over, smiling brightly. Izuku waved and made his way over.

"How are you kiddo?" She asked kindly.

Izukus auto response to this question would be I'm fine or, alright which technically wasn't wrong- it just wasn't right either.

He still wasn't totally sure she actually cared, or wanted a proper answer- maybe she was just being polite but still, he said, " I could me better..."

Her smile faltered but returned almost instantly, if Izuku had blinked he'd never have known.

"How about I make you a special coffee then my dear. On the house."

Izuku wished she didn't dish out free drinks like that, the only reason this place was surviving was because of him and a few others.

"You don't have to do that."

"Oh but I will." She replied smiling, "A good deed can really make someone's day you know. I hope you remember that."

He nodded. She was right, a delicious coffee on the house always made his day- even if he'd be happy with just a regular coffee, or paying for a special coffee, or even just her asking him how he was doing.

Izuku watched as she concentrated on making the coffee, he could almost smile. But he didn't. She gave it to him and he sat down.

"Thanks." He said, meaning every word.

"It's my pleasure deary." She smiled.

The pair sat in a comfortable silence while Izuku finished his coffee. He savoured ever last drop of it before taking it around and washing it up, along with all the other dishes sitting waiting for a wash.

It took a while to persuade Hitoha to let him do this but eventually she yielded, and Izuku was allowed to do the washing up before he left.

Once he was finished he rounded the counter, heading to the exit, thanking the old woman again for cheering him up, and making a heavenly cup of bliss to quench his addiction.

While on his way home, Izuku felt the earth shake. At first thinking it was an earthquake he carried on, unbothered, but then he heard screams.

He couldn't careless what was going on. He imagined 'all might' and the other 'pros' would come to the rescue.

He continued on his way, waiting for the distant wailes and cries to die off.

They didn't.

Okay, now Izuku was mildly curious, he wanted to see what was going on. The saying 'curiosity killed the cat' circled his head like a broken record. But he was already halfway there and he'd have wasted his time for nothing.

(Looking back now Izuku wished he'd never continued.)

As the screams got louder, he kept his eyes peeled. He rounded the corner and stopped dead. The pros were just standing there, helpless. They weren't even trying to safe the bo- Izuku narrowed his eyes. No way...