Reverse Trick-Or-Treat (Enzo St. John)

Requested on Tumblr and written for Fictober, with prompt number 13: "The things you make me do..."

Summary: Y/N has the perfect idea for some Halloween shenanigans, and is especially excited to use it on some long-time friends; the only thing they're missing is a partner in crime. Fortunately for Y/N, they're dating Enzo St. John, defending champion of the 'Best Boyfriend in the World' trophy and someone who's very likely corruptible into some Halloween nonsense.

****************

"So, Y/N, do you know what you're doing for Halloween yet?" asked Bonnie, turning to me over her cup of tea. I was studying with her, Elena, and Caroline in the café at Whitmore, but of course the four of us couldn't stay focused on schoolwork for long. Caroline was trying to plan a Halloween party, and it was the only thing on her mind, so we'd quickly started talking about that instead of our classes.

Would it be a problem next week when the second wave of midterms started? Probably. Was it a problem I was going to do anything about now? Definitely not.

"I'm not completely sure..." I said, taking a sip of my coffee and closing my notebook. "I have an idea for something that might be fun, but I'm not sure if I can get anybody to do it with me."

"What? You're not coming to the Halloween party?" asked Caroline. She looked legitimately concerned, so I quickly spoke up before I got my head ripped off.

"No no, I'm gonna come. I just want to do something before hand, too."

"Well whatever it is, I'm sure you could get Enzo to do it with you," said Elena. "He's completely head over heels for you."

I smiled. "And I'm the same for him. Still though, I'm not sure if I could get him to do this..."

"Okay, now you're starting to scare me," laughed Bonnie. "What even is this idea, anyway?"

"...Did you guys see that YouTube video going around at Halloween a few years ago?"

****************

Rather than trying to explain my whole idea in the middle of the café, I pulled up the video and showed my friends the reverse trick-or-treat idea I'd been dying to do since I saw it last year. Basically, you dressed up as a grandma and carried a door around to other people's doors. You put a sign on your door so people would know to knock on it, and when they did, you threw it open and complimented their costume, gave them candy, and made sure to use your best old lady voice the whole time.

Personally, I couldn't think of a better way to spend the evening. My friends didn't quite agree, and after they'd finished laughing at the video, they immediately started placing bets on whether or not I'd be able to convince Enzo to do it with me. He was coming over to my dorm to hang out tonight, so I wouldn't have to wait long to find out.

I spent the walk home from my last class of the day trying to come up with some kind of pitch that would sell my boyfriend on the idea. When I still didn't have anything good by the time I reached my front door, I decided to throw the preparation out the window, wing it, and hope for the best.

"Hello gorgeous."

I came through the door to find Enzo already in my room, sitting on the bed and smiling at me with the grin I loved so much.

"Hello, intruder. Thanks for breaking and entering my dorm," I teased, setting down my bag and taking off my jacket. Enzo just huffed a laugh.

"You know, if you really wanted to keep me out, you could probably start by locking the door."

"I do lock the door. I just gave you a key."

"Oh. Right."

I turned to find Enzo giving me a shit-eating grin. I just shook my head and walked over to him with a smile.