Birthmark (Kol Mikaelson)

Requested by AnnieK400 on Wattpad. The request was pretty long, so I'm just gonna put a summary instead of the text of the request. Hope you like it!

Summary: Y/N finds out she is pregnant, and her boyfriend dumps her over it, so she runs to her best friend Rebekah for comfort. Throughout the process of Rebekah trying to cheer her up, Y/N makes an incredibly discovery about her relationship with a Mikaelson brother she didn't even know existed.

****************

Just get out. I don't want you or this kid.

The words echoed in my mind as I stumbled down the streets of New Orleans. It was raining, because of course it was, and I could barely think straight.

My boyfriend, whom I'd been seriously dating and living with for the past year and a half, had kicked me out. Because of an accident.

I thought he loved me, but apparently not. I was pregnant, and the moment I'd told him he broke it off and kicked me out. I was still reeling, too shocked to be angry or hurt or sad. It just didn't seem real somehow.

I wandered through the pouring rain, letting my feet take me through the city on autopilot. I had no idea where I was going until a familiar voice spoke up from behind me.

"Y/N? What are you doing?"

I turned to see Rebekah Mikaelson, my best friend in the entire world, staring at me like I was insane.

"He broke up with me, Bex," I managed to choke out. As soon as I said the words it started to hit me, reality crashing down with one wave after another. "I told him I was pregnant, and he kicked me out."

Rebekah's eyes flashed, and I could tell she wanted to go deal with my boyfriend—ex-boyfriend—personally, right then and there. Fortunately for him, my knees buckled, and Rebekah had to rush forward to catch me instead. She sank to the street with me and held me close as I cried and screamed until my throat was raw. We stayed like that for a long time, until I was too exhausted to carry on.

****************

Once I'd cried myself out, Rebekah brought me back to her family's house. We didn't stop once as she brought me upstairs and found me a room to stay in, and I let her tuck me into bed before passing out almost instantly. It had been a long, horrible day, and I just hoped I'd feel better in the morning.

I didn't feel better in the morning, or the morning after that. Days passed, and I still didn't feel better. Rebekah was there for me the whole time, which made it a lot easier. Still, it hurt to have the man I was planning to spend the rest of my life with turn his back on me. That wasn't something I was going to get over in a few days.

After doing pretty much nothing but sulking in bed for a week, Rebekah took it upon herself to get me up and moving. She said some activities would make me feel better, and she turned out to be right. It helped to go for walks in the sun, and to spend time with my best friend in the whole world. With her help things finally started to get a little better, one day at a time.

"Y/N!" I woke up to Rebekah strutting into my room, throwing the curtains wide and letting the sun in. "Come on, we're going through things in the attic today."

"Why?" I groaned, rolling over and burying my head in the pillows. Rebekah just scoffed and physically dragged me out of bed.

"Because it needs to be done, and it'll be fun, and we have to do it before you get too pregnant for the activity."

I rolled my eyes, but Rebekah kept going.

"Come on, I promise it won't be that bad! I'll make you pancakes afterwards!"