Fairy Lights (Klaus Mikaelson)

Prompt: "You did this?"

Summary: Reader is dating Niklaus Mikaelson, and she's had a terrible day. Being tortured and used as leverage by a psycho witch is never fun, but it's a little easier to deal with when you have the love of your life by your side. I try to keep most of my x readers gender neutral, but this one is with a female reader, just a heads up 😄

Day three of Fictober on Tumblr.

****************

"Wake up, sweetheart."

I groaned and forced myself to open my eyes. I tried to stretch my arms and legs, but they wouldn't move. My head was pounding, and I had no idea why. Maybe I'd had too much to drink the night before? What happened last night...

"There's a good girl. Your boyfriend's gonna be here any minute, and we need you awake and panicking."

I pried open my eyes and came face to face with Genevieve, the psycho enemy of my boyfriend and his family. That was enough to understand the cause of my headache, and a quick glance down showed me my hands and arms were bound tightly to a chair.

"Dammit Genevieve," I groaned, rolling my head back and closing my eyes again. Genevieve just smiled.

"You're dating Klaus Mikaelson, sweetheart. You should've known what you were getting into when you got involved with that family." Genevieve stood up and took a few steps back. "To be perfectly honest, I'm impressed you've lasted this long. I thought you'd have been dead after a week."

I just shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"Nik is gonna kill you when he gets here."

Genevieve smiled, which wasn't the reaction I was hoping for, but it didn't surprise me that much coming from a psycho like her.

"Shouldn't be long now," she said, turning towards the door where Nik would have to enter. I groaned. All I wanted to do was go home and take a nap, but instead I was stuck here with this crazy witch.

I loved my boyfriend dearly, but sometimes dating him really sucked.

"GENEVIEVE!" roared a voice from outside the room. Nik sped in, dangerous anger positively radiating from him, but Genevieve didn't flinch. "Let her go, now."

"Oh, Klaus..." Genevieve pouted, her voice dripping with fake sympathy. "Where would be the fun in that?"

She raised her hand and I felt a white-hot pain explode between my eyes. My surroundings disappeared. I couldn't remember where I was, or why I was there. All I knew was that it hurt, and I wanted it to stop. I think I screamed, but I didn't know for sure. It didn't seem possible, but the pain increased, like someone was setting every nerve in my body on fire. I didn't think I had it in me to handle another second of this pain, and then I proved myself right.

Everything went dark as I slumped in the chair, going back to the blackness where I didn't have to feel anything.

****************

"Y/N? Please wake up love."

I slowly came back to consciousness, wincing as the pain reminded me it hadn't left. The constant attack on my nerves had let up, but now everything was horribly sore. I pried open my eyes to see my loving boyfriend holding me close, but Genevieve wouldn't let me forget what she'd done that easily, even if I was safe now.

"Thank goodness," sighed Nik, pulling me closer and placing a kiss on my forehead. We were in his study, laying on the couch amidst all his beautiful paintings. "You had me worried there for a moment."