The Undead Scourge (Harry Potter/The Originals Crossover)

Summary: Rita Skeeter's been hounding the Ministry to stop playing nice and finally stomp out vampires once and for all. When the news reaches a very old and very dangerous family of vampires in New Orleans, they decide they need to do something about her.

This has also been posted in my Harry Potter imagines book, so if it seems familiar, that's probably why 😄

****************

"Niklaus, have you seen this?"

Elijah Mikaelson, oldest brother of the four Mikaelsons gathered in the room, held out a paper for his little brother Nik to take. The pictures on the front page moved, smiled, and waved, giving away the fact that this was no normal newspaper he even read the headlines.

Klaus took the paper and flipped it open, coming face to face with an article on the front page titled "Vampires: The Undead Scourge that Should Have Stayed Dead".

"And what is this supposed to be?" Nik skimmed the article as the two other vampires in the room, Kol and Rebekah, came over to see what was going on.

"That witch who's been writing smears about everyone in her government for months has apparently turned her attention to us," Elijah said, hands in his pockets as he stared at the offending newspaper.

"What do you mean?" asked Kol, taking the paper from Klaus so he could see for himself. Klaus glared at his younger brother, but Elijah spoke up again before things could get ugly.

"This... Skeeter woman... has taken around five-hundred words to say what really only takes a few: she thinks it's time for the wizards to take action and eradicate the vampires."

"She can't do that!" Rebekah chimed in, not bothering to take the paper from Kol to look for herself. "Their government has some law against it, don't they?"

"They have a law against attacking us, but no law to stop her from trying to convince them to change that practice," Elijah corrected.

"Well, if she thinks a bunch of wizards stand a chance against us she's in for a rude awakening," said Klaus, finally standing to join the loose circle his siblings had formed. "Why don't we go over there and show them just how big a mistake it would be to mess with us."

"I like the way you think, brother," said Kol, setting down the newspaper and grinning at Nik.

"Hold on a minute," said Elijah. "By all indications, the wizarding government still isn't foolish enough to make enemies of us. We have no reason to go after any of them."

Nik and Kol looked ready to argue, but Elijah continued before they could.

"This Skeeter woman, however... well, it might not be a bad idea to let her know just who she's messing with, up close and personal."

"Now that's the brother I know," said Rebekah, a grin slowly spreading across her face.

"Well then, you heard Elijah," said Nik. "Pack your bags everyone, we're going to London."

The four Originals wasted no time packing a few things and heading straight for the airport. Less than twenty-four hours after Skeeter's article hit the papers, the four siblings were heading out of downtown London, far into the country side to moors where muggles would never dream of venturing.

Thanks to the vast network of sources and informants the Mikaelsons had access to (along with a little compulsion once they'd touched down), they'd gotten a tip that Skeeter would be covering a Quidditch match happening outside the city that day. It would be the perfect place to ambush her and make sure she knew just what war with the vampires would mean for her and her kind.