Nosferatu (Klaus Mikaelson)

Written for @auroracalisto's prompt challenge on Tumblr.

Prompt: "I'll kick your vampire ass if I have to."

Summary: Klaus and Y/N have been dating for a long time, and Y/N has more or less gotten used to dealing with all the Mikaelson drama. Still, that doesn't mean they don't need a break from time to time. Nik *promised* Y/N they could have a good old fashioned movie marathon as a break from everything they'd been through lately, but when he tries to go back on his promise, Y/N shows him what's up.

****************

I danced around the house, grabbing all the snacks from the kitchen and laying them out carefully on the coffee table in the living room. I gathered all the DVDs I'd tracked down, then set them next to the TV. I glanced at the clock and smiled when I saw the time. Nik would be here any minute.

Dating an Original vampire was never easy or simple. Usually, it was incredibly stressful with a high chance of danger. After a month filled with insane schemes and near-death experiences, Nik had promised to make it all up to me with one of my favorite activities: a classic horror movie marathon.

I'd been preparing all day, making sure everything was perfect for the night. I didn't want anything to go wrong, especially now that we were finally getting a date night like a normal couple.

I threw a few extra blankets and pillows on the couch just as I heard a knock at the door. I grinned as I went to get it, and Nik stepped through as soon as I opened it.

"Hi babe," I said, smiling as I closed the door behind him. "Are you ready for tonight? I've got everything together. Favorite movies, all the snacks we could want, drinks-"

"Y/N, we can't have our marathon tonight," he said bluntly, stopping in the hallway to stare at me. The smile slipped off my face as I tried to process his words.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"We have to reschedule," he said. "A group of new vampires has been stepping out of line, and Elijah and I need to go and put them in their place before things get out of hand."

I just stared at him in disbelief and growing anger as he looked back at me. He looked sorry, but that didn't make up for what he'd just said one bit.

"I came to pick you up and bring you back to the compound," he said, taking a few steps towards me. "It'll be safer for you there, where Hayley can watch out for you and you'll be more protected."

He put his hand on my arm, presumably to guide me out, but I was not having it. I ripped my arm out of his grip and glared at him with as much force as I could muster.

"No. No no no no no, Nik, no. You're not doing this to me."

"Love, come on, it's not like I have choice..."

"You always have a choice!" I cried. "Maybe not when someone's coming for you and you can't escape them, but that's not what this is. This is you and Elijah trying to flex your muscles and prove to everybody you're the big bad vampires you say you are, and I'm not having it. You're not doing it, not tonight."

"Y/N..."

"No, Nik! I'm serious! You promised me a nice night in, and a horror movie marathon, with no drama. And I am getting it, no matter what it takes. I'll kick your vampire ass if I have to."

Nik stared at me for a few beats, but I just stood between him and the door, hands on my hips. I meant what I'd said, and I was not backing off.

Nik and I stayed locked in our staring contest for a while, but finally, he let out an exasperated sigh and looked away.

"You are a weak, fragile human, and I'm the most dangerous vampire in the bloody world. How is it possible for you to back me down so easily?" he sighed as he rolled his eyes. I just grinned back at him.

"Easy. I'm your girlfriend, and you love me. Anybody else, you don't care about enough to worry about keeping—or even making—movie night promises. Me? I'm special. Which probably makes me the most powerful human in the bloody world," I said, adopting an exaggerated version of his accent for my last few words. He gave me an exasperated look, but he couldn't hold back as smile as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close.

"I guess you're right," he said, nuzzling his nose against my neck as he picked me up and started heading to the living room. "We make a truly terrifying pair."

I laughed as he set me down on the couch and pulled his phone out with a grin.

"Just let me call Elijah and tell him we'll have to reschedule our plan. Then I'll be back, and you can start playing whatever terrible movie you have queued up first."

"Terrible?" I demanded, but Nik was already turning and walking away, phone pressed to his ear. I grabbed the nearest pillow and hurled it at him. I managed to hit him square in the back, but he just glanced over his shoulder with a devilish smirk before continuing out of the room.

I shook my head, but I couldn't stop the warm feeling flooding my chest as I got the first movie ready to play. Even now, after we'd been dating for a long time, I couldn't quite believe Niklaus Mikaelson cared enough about me to put revenge on the back burner. When I'd first met him, it really hadn't seemed possible.

Nik came back as soon as he'd finished talking with Elijah, as promised. Apparently Elijah wasn't happy, which I didn't expect him to be, but I also didn't care. He'd told me plenty of times how much he appreciated my influence on Nik, so he could handle my interference with their stupid schemes every so often.

Nik and I kicked back on the couch together after I pushed play on the movie. He held his arms out for me, and I curled into his side as the opening credits began playing. He held me close, and I sighed contently as I laid my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat.

We stayed like that for hours, watching one movie after another and absolutely gorging ourselves on terrible snack food. We shifted positions all over the couch, but no matter where we ended up, Nik and I were always close to each other.

We lost ourselves in the movies as Nik criticized every dumb move the main characters made and I pretended to be scared just so I could curl up even closer to him. I'm pretty sure he knew I was faking it, but neither of us cared.

About halfway through Nosferatu, Nik stopped rubbing my back and leaned down to place kisses along my neck. His hot breath on my skin made it incredibly hard to concentrate on the movie, and I was about to tell him as much when he whispered into my ear.

"You know love, I think it's pretty interesting that you're so afraid of the vampire on the tv when there's a much more real vampire who's much, much closer to your neck..."

He trailed off as he moved down my neck and placed kisses along my collarbone, and I shivered.

"Nik. I'm trying to watch the movie," I hissed, but my heart wasn't in it. Nik hummed, and I knew he could tell.

"We've been watching movies all night," he muttered. "It's been fun, but I have a different kind of fun in mind now..."

He pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arms around me even tighter, and after a few seconds, I decided to stop fighting it. I turned around so I was facing Nik and straddling his lap, and when he looked up at me with mischief in his eyes, I kissed him hard.

When we finally broke apart for a little air, Nik was grinning at me with a devilish smile. I just smiled right back, the movie behind me now completely forgotten.

"So, you still upset at all that you didn't end up going after those guys tonight?" I asked. Nik huffed a laugh as he buried his face in my neck.

"Honestly love? They haven't crossed my mind since the first movie started."

I smiled, then let out a shriek as Nik bit down playfully on the skin just above my collar bone. His fangs weren't out, and I couldn't help laughing as I ran my hands through his hair.

"Damn vampires," I teased.

"You know you love it," he teased right back.

After all the crazy drama we'd been through in the past month, this was exactly the night I needed.