Human (Rebekah Mikaelson)

Summary: Y/N met Rebekah while Rebekah was on the run with Hope, and Y/N quickly fell in love with the bombshell original vampire and her adorable little niece. Rebekah wanted to live a normal, human life, so she didn't tell Y/N anything about the supernatural world. She might not be able to keep the secret anymore, however, when she gets a call from her brother about a new supernatural threat that's forcing her back to New Orleans.

****************

"Bekah! Dinner's almost ready!" I called from the kitchen. I stirred our pasta a few more times, then pulled out a noodle to check how well it was cooked. It was perfect.

I smiled to myself and moved to grab the strainer and plate our pasta. I glanced up to see if Beks has come in, but so far there was no sign of her.

She was probably with the baby.

When I'd first met Rebekah, we'd instantly hit it off the bat. I'd fallen in love with her faster than I thought possible. After a few weeks, I think Rebekah noticed how I was feeling and was starting to feel the same. She asked me to lunch to talk about our relationship (which almost gave me a heart attack), and then she told me she had a baby she was taking care of full time.

She didn't want me to commit to something I didn't want to deal with. And I appreciated her for that endlessly. But seeing how sweet and wonderful she was with little Hope (along with how adorable Hope was all on her own) just made me love Beks and this part of her life even more.

We'd been damn near inseparable ever since.

I plated the pasta and grabbed Hope's food too, then laid everything out on the table. When I'd finished and Rebekah still hadn't shown (or even yelled back through the house), I started to worry.

"Beks?" I called, taking a few steps towards her bedroom in the back of the apartment. I didn't get a response, so I kept going, but with a little more urgency. "Rebekah? Are you okay?"

I turned into the bedroom and found her standing over Hope, holding her phone in her hand. She didn't look up when I came in.

"Rebekah? What's wrong?" I asked, crossing the room quickly to put a hand on her shoulder. She jumped and finally looked at me, and she'd clearly been crying. Her eyes were red and she had mascara running down her cheeks. "Oh my God, honey, what's going on?"

"I... I'm leaving," she said. I furrowed my eyebrow and took her hands, and when I did, they were shaking.

"What do you mean you're leaving?" I asked, trying to keep it together for both of us. I gently led Rebekah towards the bed and away from Hope's crib, and we sat on the edge together.

"I mean what I said... I'm leaving, Y/N. I'm... I'm moving back to where I lived before here..."

She could barely get the words out. I'd never seen her this unhappy before.

"Sweetheart... why?" I asked, still trying to stay calm. This would get out of hand fast if we both fell apart. "I... I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem happy here. Really happy. And I don't know a lot about where you lived before, but based on this reaction, Beks, I'm thinking you didn't like it very much."

She shook her head and dropped her gaze to her lap. She huffed a few breaths like she couldn't believe this was really happening, whatever this was, then looked back up to me with a sad, resigned look on her face.

It scared the hell out of me.

"I'm so sorry Y/N. I should've told you so many things such a long time ago," she said, shaking her head and tearing up again as she spoke. "I just... It was so nice to have a normal life with you. To pretend to be normal."