The night that changed it all

It was September, Percy watched in horror at the scene in front of her. Her mother got beaten badly, while writing a note. "Percy! Come over here fast!" she told her daughter.
"You must do something for me, please take that note and run to the police station down the street. Bring them to our home. Please run now!" she screamed the last part, and the little four-year-old girl did as she was told. 

As she entered the station officers turned to her. "Hey little one, why are you here, where is your mommy, and what's your name?" a woman asked her. "I-I'm Percy, and my mommy told me to bring police officers home very fast.
My stepdad is hurting her bad. Please help my mommy." She told the officer shy and near tears. "Of course, could you please lead the way, my friend and I will help you and your mommy." Percy led the way to her home in front of her door. 

The female officer knelt down in front of Percy and spoke softly to her. "Percy, you must stay behind us, and don't make a single sound."
The four-year-old nodded and stayed behind the officers, as they broke down the door.

But even from behind the two, she saw her mothers' blood strained body on the floor. The two adults charged at the man, who stood over the body, as Percy ran over to her. "Mommy! Please wake up." She repeated these four words repeatedly.

The male officer brought Gabe (her stepdad) to the police station, while the female stayed behind with Percy, waiting for the ambulance. "Hey, Percy, my name is Emily, what do you have in your hands?" the officer asked. "M-my mommy gave me this, before she told me to get the police." Percy mumbled, looking at the ground while handing the note to the officer, who read it instantly.

Good evening whoever you are,

If you are reading this, it means my worst fears became true. Honestly, I expected this for quite a while already, so I wrote detailed explanation over everything and a few letters (marked with names or similar) for certain people and hid the stack in the farthest corner in my closet.

On the top of the stack is a little folder with everything important about my daughter Persephone (Percy for short). In this information's are also information's about my family. Please tell her I love her.

Goodbye,
Sally Jackson

Emily hugged Percy and told her to go into her room, before going to the hidden spot and pulling out the papers. There were different letters.

Some were named with Percy and certain dates, and others were named with instructions about where to put the letter, for certain people.

She then looked through the documents about Percy and gained more information's about the little girl, like her full name is Persephone Andromeda Wayne or really detailed information's about her family.

As the ambulance came in, one team rushed to the corps and another team rushed towards Percy to make sure she wasn't too hurt.
After a comprehensive check-up, the officer was allowed to take Percy to the police station for information's about her life and to contact her left family members.

At the station, they asked as much as they could from the little girl and got much information's. As they couldn't ask more from the girl, seeing that she was about to sleep, they laid her down on a couch in the lunchroom.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Bruce Wayne sat in his office and worked on Paperwork, as the Police called him. "Bruce Wayne speaking." His voice was sharp.

A female voice was audible through the phone. Her voice sounded upset. "Good evening, Mr. Wayne. Here speaks Emily Gonzales from GCPD, I sadly have to tell you about the recent murder of your sister Sally.
If you don't mind, would you please come to our station, we have a lot to discuss and it would be the best, if we could discuss it directly."

These words hit him directly into the heart. Sally and him originally agreed to meet up today. But then something happened at Wayne Enterprises and they had to move it to another date.

Both haven't seen each other in five years. Not since Bruce decided to make a trip through the world and get over their parents murder. At that time he was seventeen and Sally was eighteen. She wasn't happy with the though of her brother going through the world on his own.

Bruce only managed to let out a slight affirmation before he called Alfred to get there as soon as he could.  As he arrived, he was greeted and led into a comfortable room, where a girl laid and slept.

After a look at Percy she began to speak. Her voice was low. "Mr.Wayne as I said earlier, about one hour earlier, we found your sister murdered in her apartment.
She sends her daughter to bring some of us to the apartment, where we found her dead and her husband over her with a bloody knife and glassbottle. We would like to ask you to take in your niece and give her a new home."

That shocked him. He didn't know that Sally had a child, or that she was in an relationship with someone before her husband, whom she noticed briefly over the phone as the siblings began to reconnect.

From what he gathered the girl was born before Sally married her murderer, so Bruce didn't know who her father was.

The man nodded and responded. "Of course, will I take her in, she is my family after all. If you would please prepare the needed documents?" With that the officer left and the man was alone with the waking girl.