New insights

The League and the Team had a short meeting not long after they defeated Klarion and Vandal savage. Suddenly a Portal opened, and Riptide stepped out.

She saw the heroes and at once ran towards Aquaman and Wonder Woman. "I missed you so much!" The girl screamed as she engulfed the two in a hug, pulling Aqualad with them. "What do you mean with 'I missed you so much'? You were only gone for about ten minutes." Diana told her cousin. "Ten minutes? Wow, thanks to Zatanna, I'm finally home."

"How much time passed for you?" Aqualad asked his princess with concern. "A few months." Their eyes grew wide even though she watered it down massively. "Did you live through all of them?" Orin questioned worried. "No, but I won't tell you details. At least not right now. I'm just happy to be back with you."

The rest of the team looked at the three of them and smiled. They were happy to have Riptide with them again. Even if only ten minutes passed for them. As soon as Wonder Woman and the three water-heroes parted, the five other young heroes came towards Riptide and engulfed her in a hug. "Guys, I know I'm awesome, but I don't get air! And even though I can breathe under water, I need oxygen."

They loosened their grip a bit but still hold her in a hug. For the next twenty minutes, the original League and the team had a meeting about the events that took place over the last two days for most of them.

After the meeting, the teens managed to convince the mentors to let them have a little new-years party. Just the six members of the team, Zatanna and Rocket. Everyone changed their clothes into something comfy.

Sometimes during the little party, they all sat together and asked each other random questions. "Okay. All of you. What was the most embarrassing thing you caught your mentors doing?" Raquel asked them. "Do it have to be from the time when we became their protégé, or can it be before that too?" Riptide , who now wore comfortable clothes and just a mask over her mouth and nose , asked curious.

"Of course it can be from before. We don't want to let you single out some moments." Was answered.

Megan went first. "Well, as I wanted to ask my uncle something, I passed his bathroom. As I looked in there, he stood in front of the mirror and changed his appearance to different fictional characters and said their most famous, or dramatic sentences." They laughed at the image of Martian Manhunter.

Conner spoke up next. "I don't know stories about Superman." This got them shortly depressed, but it time was cut short thanks to Artemis who spoke up next. "As Green Arrow and I practiced, he took an arrow, and as it collided with the target, it came back, hit him in the face, and exploded into green and pink glitter." The nine of them laughed again.

Wally went next. "One day, as I slept over at uncle Barry's place, I woke up in the middle of the night because I was hungry. As I walked into the kitchen, I saw him standing at the fridge, eating Ice-cream. He looked at me like I caught him at a crime and ran out of the house. The next thing you could hear, was a crack and a loud cry of 'OW!' So, I walked outside to see what happened and saw him lying on the floor with a bloody nose, I front of a wall."

Some of the team members cried from laughter. After about five minutes, Kaldur spoke up. "As I swam in the palace to meet my king for a meeting, I saw him and my princess singing under the sea while dancing with each other and various fishes."

Most of the team laughed. Riptide didn't, but thanks to the mask, nobody but Kaldur noticed the blush creeping under her mask. "You saw that?! When?" She hissed under her breath. "Last year during one of your stays. And the fact that you are asking when leads me to think you two did something like that more tan once. Though I can't blame you, both of you ironically love movies about the ocean." Percy groaned.