Getting sick is the worst thing ever, even for gods

It was just another Friday afternoon. Riptide and Robin came to the mountain after they finished their activities.

Riptide brought her homework and sat in the living room on the floor, Robin and Wally played videogames, Superboy sat on the couch, M'gann was baking in the kitchen, Artemis sharpened her arrows and Kaldur sat on another sofa and read a book.

All of them were in a calm and comfortable atmosphere, until Riptide broke it with a noise of pain. "Are you okay Riptide?" Kaldur asked. "Yes, peachy." She responded before leaning forwards.

"Are you sure? You don't look so fine. You are as white as a ghost." Robin told her as he saw her forehead pale. "Like I said- uhhhh- I am fine."

With these words she cried out in pain. While Kaldur ordered the aliens to get water, the Zeta-Tubes announced the arrival of Aquaman and Wonder Woman. "Team, we have to get-" Aquaman began but stopped as he saw Riptide in pain. "It is too late. Riptide, do you hear me? Kaldur and I will take you to Atlantis. You will be better there. Your father wants you to come to ease the pain." He told her while hugging her.

"W-what I-is wr-ong with m-me?" The young girl asked, the pain clearly visible in her voice and her face. "Team, turn on the Gotham-news." Wonder Woman ordered, and Artemis complied.

"-Live from Gotham. The two Cargo ships that were expected were attacked by some villains. We don't know who attacked but we know, Aquaman and Batman fought together to save the ship. It didn't succeed. The ship was destroyed, leaving a gigantic oil spoil." The reporter announced.

Artemis asked as confused as everyone else. "And what does it have to do with Riptide?" The Amazon didn't avert her eyes from her younger cousin as she answered the archer.

"She is one of the few Atlanteans that are effected by oil spoils. When one happens, she gets sick. Normally a spell protects her from the suffering, so she only feels a little sick. But this time, her father wasn't able to renew the spell. When she is in water, the pain should ease a bit. Her suffering will last until we manage to clean the ocean from it."

While Orin calms the princess, Diana prepared the Zetas to take off again. "I will take her to Atlantis now, Kaldur come with me. Team, you won't see the two for a few days." Aquaman announced as he picked Riptide up, bridal style.

After the three left, Robin turned to the other adult-hero. "Wonder Woman, can I please talk to you in private?" WW nodded and the two walked in another room.

"What can I do for you Dick?" The woman, now in aunt-mode, asked. "What can I do to help Percy? Will she be fine? does it have something to do with her dad?" He asked fast. "What do you mean Dick? Why do you think Percy is Riptide?" Diana asked.

"She told me after we had the mission with the volcano, where we used one of our trapeze-acts to get to the other side. At the evening, she told me about her heritage after asking one of the gods for permission. Now could you please answer my questions?" Diana nodded.

Percy didn't tell her that she told Duck and most probably Jason too about her heritage, but she trusted the two boys.

"Okay. Yes, Percy's sickness has something to do with her father. You can't do anything for her in the moment and Percy will be fine after the oil spoil is cleaned."

Dick thanked Diana for the information's and went home to tell Bruce, Percy will sleep at a friend's place.

=====🌌=====🌌=====🌌=====🌌=====🌌=====

Meanwhile in Atlantis, Orin and Kaldur had to carry Percy together to stop her from trashing around in pain.

The guards looked at the three figures, concerned for their princess. After the three reached Percy's room, Kaldur and Orin sat her down before the girl passed out from pain.