Alone

A week passed since the failsafe simulation and the team sat together in the living room. All were silence, lost in their own thoughts.

One by one they were called by Black Canary. Superboy was as still and angry as ever. He denied his feelings. Artemis was in denial and stubborn.

Kaldur's session however was a bit different. "I was the general by behave like a solider and sacrifice myself. I am not fit for command. And must resign as team leader." He admitted.

"Who do you recommend taking your place?" Canary asked Aqualad who didn't even have to think about his answers. "Artemis is too raw and untrusting. Kid Flash too rash and impulsive. Miss Martian remains too eager to please. Superboy carries too much anger."

She looked at him. "Making Robin or Riptide the logical choice." The blonde boy looked up at her. "I can't let Riptide lead another team with the risk of dying. The last team she was on, she was the leader. It devasted her as two of them died. And she already had to lead too much too important things since she was nine. They are both so young."

Dinah leaned forwards. "Kaldur, you're all young." He looked down. "I cannot shift this burden to either of them. Not yet." The Atlantean left the room afterwards leaving Canary to alone for the next team member.

Wally denied everything through flirting. Robin was the only one who truly open talked until yet. He told her about his doubts. M'gann blamed herself for everything happening at the failsafe.

Next was Riptide. Her talk was rather interesting and really concerning for Canary. The young girl stepped inside but didn't wear her usual outfit. Instead, she wore a simple sweatshirt, leggings sneaker and her mask. Her hair and eye colour were different once more.

Both of them sat in silence for a few minutes until Black Canary spoke up. "What did you feel during this whole simulation?" The young girl sighed. "Honestly? I felt peace. Deep down inside of me, I knew it wasn't real the whole time. I didn't grieve as all my teammates, or anyone died. This was a dead giveaway for me that it isn't real."

Canary looked at her cold grey eyes with concern. "Okay, a different topic, first, why did Kaldur call you Princess as you two were the last one in the hall?" The young teen let out a sharp breath but remained quiet. "Okay, you don't want to talk about it. Then why did you kiss Kaldur's cheek before you ran into the Zeta-tube? And why did you break down after he supposedly died? Subconsciously you still knew it wasn't real."

The younger girl's cheeks heated up under her mask which confused herself. "I-I *sigh* it wasn't the first time, somebody who means a lot to me sacrificed himself for me. I guess I just was remembered at the time I was kidnaped with a friend of mine and he died to give me a chance to escape." Canary rose an eyebrow. "And my first question?"

Percy looked around the room, but ignored the older's eyes. "I- I don't know what you mean." Canary smiled slightly but let it go. After another few moments in silence a phone vibrated. Riptide took out hers and looked at the Text from Alfred. 'I would advice you come home soon or at least call Percy, master Bruce wants to know where you are and begins to worry.

"Was this all? My dad wants me to come home since I snuck out again." "You can go if you want, but if you ever want to talk about something again, I will listen to you and try to give you advice." Riptide stood up and left the room quickly. As she stepped out, she saw the living room nearly empty. Only Kaldur sat there. "How are you princess?"

These were the first words the two of them exchanged in the whole week. She thought he would hate her for letting him die and avoided him the best she could. "I'm fine Kal. Don't worry. But I want to go to Atlantis for today and tomorrow. Do you want to come along?"