The end isn't always a bad thing

After Dick called Percy, the boy packed his things and went down to the cave to pack some equipment he would need to keep fighting crime.

He didn't expect to meet Jason and Alfred down there. The Butler looked at the teen with understanding, leaving to make him some food for the way.

Jason however didn't know what was going on and was confused as he saw Dick taking one of his Robin suits and utensils but not putting them on immediately.

With a sad smile the older boy turned to the younger and got on eye level with him.

At the rapid questions of his brother, Dick told him the exact reason why he was leaving, in a room without cameras. Jason understood why Dick needed to do that but was still sad that his big brother was leaving.

Just before Dick went back up, he turned to Jason one last time.

"Batman needs his Robin by his side. I however stuck too long by his side. You will make an awesome Robin. I hope you don't mind sharing the name for a while until I can find something new. Good luck Jaybird."

Jason couldn't progress what Dick told him, until the older already left.

Once he did, Jason jumped around the room excited. He trained with Bruce for months now but didn't want to be annoying by asking, therefore he waited. But now his idol, his big brother, offered him to be the next Robin. For the younger boy was a dream coming true. A surreal dream.

Dick got his things and left in hope Deathstroke would follow him there and leave the others alone. He took his R-Cycle and drove towards the west coast.

On his way he made a short stop in Central city, Barry and Iris' house to be exact. The two let him in immediately as they saw him in front of their door with bags and a sad face.

Originally Dick didn't want to stop anywhere to avoid having more people used against him by Deathstroke. But as he came closer to central city, two days after he left Gotham, he just couldn't control himself.

It was like someone else took control over his body until he sat inside the West-Allen household.

Iris asked him what he was doing in Central, especially because Bruce called all Leaguers and told them to call him if they saw Dick. Apparently, he just left two days ago without a word to him and just a letter that didn't say much.

Although Jason and Alfred were there as he left, neither of them said anything of where the oldest teen of Wayne manor left to. They only told him that Dick said Jason should be the next Robin and was ready for it.

Now he sat in their living room, looking like he didn't sleep in two days. Barry left the room to get Dick some food and get Wally from his room. Meanwhile Iris spoke softly to her pseudo-nephew.

"Are you alright Dick? Why did you leave the manor? Bruce called us and asked us to call him if we saw you. He's worried sick for you. As Barry and Wally heard you disappeared, they searched everywhere in Central city and its surroundings.

Other heroes look in their city's as well. Bruce just wants to make sure you're alright. He didn't even hear from you since before you left."

The young acrobat looked like he was scared to say anything. Hesitantly he looked up. His voice sounded unsure. As if he feared someone to jump into their conversation and kill all of them.

"I was followed, day and night. Bruce and Jason got attacked because of me. I just want to make sure they are safe. Because if I wouldn't have left, I don't know what would have happened next. I just hope they don't get attacked now that I'm not with them anymore. Please, don't tell B. I leave soon anyway."